“The Best Hotel in Blacksburg - Truely 4.5 or 5 star Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Blacksburg
Blacksburg, Virginia
“The Best Hotel in Blacksburg - Truely 4.5 or 5 star Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

I have stayed in the Courtyard (Marriott) Blacksburg for 44 days starting 23 June 2008 till 6 August 2008. I was on a business trip related to research work with Virginia Tech. I contacted the management by email from the hotel web site -- and I got a discounted rate for long stay period. Since my first contact until the last minute of my stay in the hotel I have been well treated. All staff -- I mean all including cleaning personnel-- are friendly and courteous. The front desk are extremely courteous, efficient, and friendly. They have a wide smile which makes anyone loves to come back to them. The breakfast is great. It is a buffet with variety of food with eggs cooked to your taste, you can ask to be cooked the way you want , the chef will cook it with no problems. The rooms are extremely clean, with bright white sheets and towels as good as new. The rooms has AC. The bathroom is well designed, spacious, with marble. Plenty of parking.
I did not experience any noise from my room (as some reviews indicated). It is not very far from campus - 5 minutes drive. Two minutes drive to Grocery store (Kroger and others). About 6 minutes drive to Christainsburg shopping centers, malls and restaurants area(many restaurants). It has indoor swimming pool that I have not tried, but I see people ( specially children) having fun in it. The fitness center is POOR. Unfortunately, there is no much equipment and the room is small.
overall, it is 4.5-5* hotel, It is in a very quite area, excellent service and staff, excellent rooms and breakfast, convenient location (not so close to campus if you do not have a car). i definitely stay in this hotel again and recommend it to my friends and family.

• Liked — Friendly people and Clean rooms
  • Disliked — Fitness center
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business

Santa Rosa, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

This was a stop during our drive from DC to North Carolina. The hotel was a bit off the highway for our purpose, but was worth the short detour. We arrived late and they greeted us by name (it was because we had a toddler and were the only ones requesting a crib, but it was nice anyway). Once we got to our room, we realized the hotel was not very full and they had grouped all of the guests in one area. We requested a new room so that our 2 year old (who was jumping and screaming in excitement) wouldn't disturb the other guests. They just moved us to the other end of the hall and all slept a little better.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Herndon, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

Stayed here two nights during VT orientation. Pluses: it's a new hotel, staff were very friendly, good size clean room and a good location for VT visit ( 5 min drive). The room temp was great and easy to adjust with thermostat. Also, the shower was great - oversized space, water was powerful and consistantly hot. I liked the separate (not attached to the wall) hair dryer. The Negatives: the location is not within walking distance of any stores or restaurants, the breakfast is the same that you would get for free at other hotels. Also, the set up of the room worked badly for me because the mini frig was located by the head of the bed and it had a terrible buzzing noise going all night. As mentioned by another reviewer the hotel seemed just a bit noisy for me, including some road noise.
I haven't yet stayed at any other Blacksburg/Christiansburg hotels so I can't compare but I get a sense that this hotel is one of the nicer chains in the area.
Overall the experience was good and I'd stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2008
Alexandria VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

It is nice and new looking - but the noise was horrible. You heard everything from all of the rooms around you. I stay in a few hotels a month (so I expect some noise), and this was the loudest hotel that I have stayed in in a long time. It was like they were in the room with you, and these were not loud neighbors, just normal noise. I would not stay here again.

• Liked — new
  • Disliked — heard everything- no soundproofing what so ever!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

Previous Trip Advisor reviews were very positive and that was why we booked this Courtyard. The staff was very welcoming and helpful, the rooms were immaculately clean, quiet, nicely furnished and spacious. It is a relatively new hotel in a great location. We did not eat breakfast in the hotel lobby - I thought it expensive ($8.95) for a hotel lobby breakfast, especially when we usually only eat cereal with tea, coffee. Went to local restuarant and ate healthy. Friends did the bacon and eggs at hotel and stated it was adequate. Paid "Senior" rate from website and paid similar amount to the very poorly rated (on Trip Advisor) Holiday Inn in Blacksburg where I had booked originally - but after reading the HI reviews looked for another hotel. This was a good choice and I would stay here again if in the area.

• Liked — cleanliness, location
  • Disliked — charging for hotel lobby breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2008

This is a new hotel and a very nice addition to the Blacksburg area. Everything was fresh and new, the front desk staff -- mostly composed of VT students -- were very nice and helpful. The rest of the staff was nice as well. The indoor pool was a nice addition, though of course is small and shallow.

It's in a generally good location for Blacksburg. There's not much, if anything, that you can walk to, but it's a very short and easy drive to downtown and/or campus.

We stayed four nights and got a AAA rate and it was a very good rate for the quality of hotel.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Annapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

Date : April 15, 2008. We just returned from a two night stay at the Courtyard Blacksburg while we visited Virginia Tech. This new property is impeccably clean, and the staff couldn't be more friendly. They have a very nice pool and jacuzzi (very underutilized when we were there) as well as a fitness room. Our room was ready when we arrived - slightly before check in time,, and we were very impressed with the appearance. We had two queen beds, with large operating window, plenty of window covering options/layers (including room darkening)
individual thermostatic controlled heat and air, refrigerator, microwave, abundant coffee service, iron, ironing board, hair dryer ( a real hair dryer - not one mounted on the wall). The shower is very nice, and extra towels were provided. Although breakfast is not included, it is a good value, with plenty of choices.

The small convenience center is fairly well stocked, One night we decided to stay in and eat salads, although there were other choices, including some frozen entrees that you could heat in the room microwave. They also served some scrumptious cookies last night (complimentary) - not sure whether this is a normal occurence or whether we just got lucky.

This was our first visit to Blacksburg, (but apparently, we will be returning for the next four years!!) so we can't compare this hotel to any others, but this will be my first choice for all future visits. My ideal would be to stay in a hotel that is walking distance to most areas on campus, but after my visit, I am not sure there are any (including the Inn) that acutally would fit this bill. The Inn and the holiday Inn are definitely closer to the main part of campus, but I think you would still want a car for most downtown destinations in the evening. Given that, the location of this Courtyard is just fine - and only about a five minute drive to the center of town.

• Liked — cleanliness, comfort, friendly staff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blacksburg
Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg
#5 of 8 in Blacksburg
4.5 of 5 stars 166 reviews
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Blacksburg? Share your experiences!