My daughter just graduated from Virginia Tech in May and for the four years she was at VT, we always tried to get reservations at the Inn at Virginia Tech because of it's convenient location, right on campus. From our very first visit, we always had a clean and comfortable room. I am a light sleeper and we never had any noise issues. We loved the breakfast buffet that is reasonable and includes hot items such as scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, made-to-order omelets, and cold items such as smoked salmon, delicious fruit, cereal, breads, and all-you-can-drink tea or coffee.
If you are wise, I would sign up for The Parent's Club. Not only do you receive a discount, you get preferential treatment when it comes time to scramble for a hotel room for your child's graduation. Make sure to sign up early and know that these rooms are booked about 18 months in advance of graduation! They are allotted based on how many times you have previously stayed at the Inn. We were one of the lucky people to get a room here. The morning of graduation, we only had to get up early, have breakfast, and get on a shuttle bus to the stadium. Everything was organized beautifully. Those poor soles who waited too long and could only get a room 40 miles away had to drive in to Blacksburg with all the other people trying to funnel into town and there were traffic jams!
After the big graduation ceremony that morning in the football stadium, we had also signed up for the Inn's lunch buffet. We knew that it would be hard to get into any restaurants in town with thousands of other people vying for spots too. It was far less stressful to return to The Inn and have a lovely, delicious buffet laid out for us in a special conference room. There was even live music with a woman signing and playing guitar. She was so talented!
I have many fond memories the past four years of staying at The Inn. From the first time my daughter came to Virginia Tech for orientation, to her final days at this gorgeous college campus. I would highly recommend you stay here early and often, you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center is the only hotel situated on the campus of Virginia Tech and is the perfect destination to explore all that Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, and Montgomery County have to offer. Preston's Restaurant features fresh, locally-sourced foods and the Continental Divide Lounge features an eclectic wine list and premium spirits. As the largest hotel and conference center in Blacksburg, we offer nearly 24,000 square feet of conference space, including a 700-seat ballroom, 10 conference rooms, and 147 hotel rooms and suites. This is one of the premier facilities in the mid-Atlantic region. For conferences, events, or leisure, come experience the hospitality, luxury, and latest innovations in beautiful southwest Virginia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, TravelClick, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Virginia Tech & Skelton Hotel Blacksburg
- The Inn At Virginia Tech And Skelton Conference Center
- Hotel At Virginia Tech
- At Virginia Tech Blacksburg
- The Inn At Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center Blacksburg