“Very welcoming!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center

Save Saved
You added The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center to your Saves list
The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Prices Fork Rd, Blacksburg, VA 24061   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 9 hotels in Blacksburg
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very welcoming!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

As a VT alum, I was sad to see the back nine of the golf course go, but now that I have stayed at the hotel and conference center, I can say that it was very well worth it. The facilities are very nice, and were much needed for a world class university like VT. I was the most impressed by the staff - those working the reception desk were students, but they were just as professional as any other staff I have encountered at hotels worldwide. Two in particular - Gavin and Courtney - were very friendly, welcoming, and helpful - they were extremely professional, yet more than willing to take the time to chat with my colleague and me for an extended period of time. I have to commend VT, and the Inn especially, for helping to develop such strong young professionals. The facilities themselves were inviting, but it really was the people who made it such an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Kevin,

It was heartwarming to read your posting about your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. Thank you for your recognition of the efforts of our Front Desk staff to make you feel welcome. We are fortunate to have so many fine young students on our staff. Many of them are part of Virginia Tech's Hospitality and Tourism Management School, so their work here is a win-win. We get to take advantage of their energy, enthusiasm and personality while they get training and real-world experience that will help them in their future career.

We hope to see you again on a future visit to Virginia Tech and Blacksburg.

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

This is not our first stay at the inn. It's our go to place, when possible. Making the reservation was easy. Tyler was very helpful for this. Also greeted warmly, by a great, youthful staff. The students learning the ropes of hotel management at the Inn are very lucky. Anna, was at the desk at check in and was sure to ask if there was anything we needed assistance with. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Well done housekeeping! We know that's a big job and high on our list in booking accommodations. Overall, a great place to stay in blacksburg.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Travelten,

Thank you for the nice comments about your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. Your notes about our staff were sincerely appreciated.

We appreciate your business and hope we will have the opportunity to serve you if you return to Blacksburg.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Overall, I was really impressed with The Inn (though in the days when I was at VT, I believe it called Donaldson Brown and was located near Squires Hall -- but I digress). I stayed for a conference at The Inn and was impressed by the aesthetics, location, and service. The only things that I had even a slight problem with were the fact that my room faced the front entrance way, so traffic was fairly audible and the seemingly thin walls from room to hallway. When anyone was in the hall talking, it literally sounded like they were either shouting (maybe they were) or were standing RIGHT outside my door. Otherwise, though, it was quiet, relaxing -- for business -- and you really can't beat the value for what you get. I will certainly stay again if I find myself venturing to Blacksburg for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Choose odd numbers if possible -- they don't face the parking lot.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear TheFranchise,

Thank you for the comments you shared regarding your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. As a fellow golfer, I certainly understand your reaction when the course was "invaded" by the new hotel!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry you were disturbed by noisy neighbors in the hall. I hope we'll have the opportunity to accommodate you again on a future visit to campus.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed at The Inn at Virginia Tech for the first time this weekend and was very impressed. I am a VT alum and have stayed in a number of area hotels. This will now be my top choice. My daughter was participating in an event on the Virginia Tech campus and we got a great rate on the room. You can't beat the convenience - the hotel is right on campus and offers free shuttle service wherever you want to go. It is also very close to restaurants & retail. Our room was nicely appointed and comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast buffet was very good. I took the opportunity to explore the Skelton Conference Center and the facilities are very impressive - better than many hotel facilities where I've attended or hosted corporate events. Two comments - we could only run wifi on one device at a time in the room so my daughter and I had to take turns checking email, etc. on our phones, and it would have been nice to have a mini refrigerator (there was certainly room for one).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Tom S, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Melissa,

Thank you for sharing these comments about your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. We're glad that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and our shuttle service.

I'm pleased to tell you that we are adding mini-refrigerators to all of our rooms this year. We hope you will return to see the results of our improvement efforts.

Westminster, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We visited the campus for a Vet Med school interview for my daughter. The Inn staff were wonderful, accommodating our varied, many needs during this stressful visit. The hotel was very clean, food was excellent and staff friendly. This is a great place to stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Tom S, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Frequent Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to post these comments about your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. We appreciate your sharing of this experience with other travelers.

We hope we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again on future visits to Blacksburg and Virginia Tech.

Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I was visiting my campus after 10 years so just seemed right that this was the place to stay. The place is right at the entrance to the University from the Prices Fork SIde, A good property although there are no signs on the road. The place is clean, the check in staff is superfriendly. For some reason the rooms they gave us were at the very end, which I could not understand why when it did appear that most of it was vacant.
We arrived on a Sunday, the restaurant on property was closed so we ended in the downtown to eat something. The place was decorated beautifully and my son had a whale of a time seeing the decoration and the train track that they had set up for the holiday. Overall comfortable stay. The rooms were ok and large enough although apart from a couple of VT literature there was nothing that would set them apart from the normal hotel rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Tom S, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Ajitbhanot,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. I'm sure you were impressed with the amazing growth on the university campus.

We appreciate your business and hope we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again in Blacksburg.

Warrenton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Beautiful facility in a great location on campus. If you are visiting Virginia Tech this is the place to stay. The check-in was fast and the staff is extremely friendly. It's a relatively new facility and it matches the stone decor of the rest of the campus. We'll be staying there again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Tom S, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Radar50 -

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. We appreciate your business and thank you for the notes about your experience.

We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Blacksburg.

Tom Shaver

Been to The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center? Share your experiences!