“food and service okay but worst smelling bathroom ever” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 106 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: American
Alexandria, Virginia
“food and service okay but worst smelling bathroom ever”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and son had eaten here and were eager to have me try it. It took a while for the server to bring the menu, and he was lackadaisical in taking our order. He twice brought me the wrong drink -- diet coke -- which seemed not too difficult to remember!

We split two orders and were pleased that we could have a variety of sauces on the wings. I thought they were okay but the milder sauces were very bland and barely noticeable.

I went to the ladies room and nearly lost it. I don't know if they had a sewer backup or what but this had to be one of the worst smelling bathrooms I have ever been in -- and that includes outdoor bathrooms during camping trips! I didn't warn my husband, he came back grim faced as he had the same reaction.

I doubt I will make a trip back because I didn't think the taste was worth the calories consumed! But be forewarned about those bathrooms because the restaurant is not warning you!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lexington, Kentucky
“Nothing special.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

They do have other items on their meal besides hot wings. If you like your wings crispy you need to ask, if not the skins are soft. When we travel we try not to go to a chain restaurant but this night was cold and rainy and didn't feel like driving far.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ancaster, Canada
“Loud, slow service but excellent sauces”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Well, its loud and the service can proceed at a snail's pace. However the menu is all American -- burgers, wings, chicken strips and so on. Try the wings with the range of sauces and you might enjoy yourselves.

Visited August 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Your type of steak house”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

That's a typical steak house as you would expect it to be, very good steak, nice people, good ambiance and excellent service. Great value

Visited December 2012
Covington
“fun atmosphere but bad cook staff.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Cook staff forgot to make our food. We had came in after a VT football game and waited over an hour for seating. Then another group asked us to move to a different table so they could sit together and then the cook staff forgot our food. Our waitress was great despite everything and we did get some off our bill for the cooks mistake. However it did not make up for the 3 hours we were sitting waiting on food or waiting for a seat. However we knew we would have to wait a while for seating which was no problem, but combined with taking forever for our food made a bad situation worse. Food was good however and did make up for everything else. Our server was awesome and helpful.

Visited November 2012