“Was expecting more for less” 3 of 5 stars

119 N Main St, Ste 103, Blacksburg, VA 24060
(540) 951-1094
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 106 restaurants in Blacksburg
“Was expecting more for less”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I recently visited Excellent Table and had high expectations after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. I was not impressed with the quality of food or the price. I lived above the Blue Nile in Harrisonburg, VA for quite some time and eat Ethiopian cuisine every chance that I get. I was hoping that excellent table would be better as I was planning before I even visited on becoming a repeat customer. The lady cooking was incredibly nice and genuine... Sadly, I will not be returning.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Hot and Spicy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

A surprise find in Blacksburg. I have eaten at the Excellent Table many times but my most interesting visit occurred recently when accompanied by first timers, my brother and best friend. An initial visit is an unmatched experience when the immediate explosion of flavors engulfs your palate. The balance of spices and sauces are a worthy venture into this little cultural gem.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, United States
“Yummy food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I've had Ethiopian in Ann Arbor, Baltimore, and New York. The rich spices and quality ingredients rival all - and in such a small place as Blacksburg! The dining area is well, down-to-earth let's say, but owner/service is super nice, and since we called ahead, very quick.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Draper, Virginia
“fun ehtiopian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

their hot dishes are very tasty. not much place to eat in but great take out

Morristown, New Jersey
“Ethnic place separate from the rest of Blacksburg!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Personally, I am not a fan of Ethiopian food. However, the other members of my family highly enjoyed this restaurant. They give it five stars - I see no reason not to as well. The service was wonderful, the owner is very sweet and she is a graduate of Virginia Tech herself. She is a hard worker and has opened up this nice little restaurant in the middle of Blacksburg, there is parking right behind it though. My only complain is that it took us forever to find the restaurant, it is not facing the street and the entrance is in the parking lot.

The place is more of a takeout place with very little seating area. It is very clean inside though if you would like to stay there.

We got the spicy beef, spicy lentils, mild lentils, collard greens, and tofu with mushroom. The total came to about $35. The only complaint was that it was a little too spicy, but other than that the food was wonderful. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for something different.

• Visited November 2011