“New Category of Excellent Food: Addicitve” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 106 restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Chinese
Vienna
“New Category of Excellent Food: Addicitve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My son (a VA Tech Grad Student) had discovered Marco & Luca and raved about its signature dumplings. I silently thought "What could be so special or different with a dumpling?" Then when visiting the University for Graduation Weekend in May ... it all became crystal clear.

In unpretentious location at the University Mall - just down from Tech's Infamous//Famous Math Emporium - This spartan eatery serves up the most delicious dumplings I've ever eaten. Priced right for the "poor and starving" student population every serving is served fresh and accompanied by an indescribably delicious soy sauce - and a touch of their hot sauce as well.

We grabbed a quick lunch on Thursday (my first visit); and then ordered enough for a small army on Friday for an impromptu graduation lunch for twelve of us. Then we were back again on Saturday for one more "fix" before I headed back up to NoVA.

From what my son has told me that other (limited) items on the menu are equally delicious - especially the soups.

No question - if for some reason you think you need to hit a fast food joint for a quick lunch - DON'T do it. Head to Marco and Luca. This is not just a place for convenience - to me now its a destination restaurant. One more plus - they've got a few outside tables for dumplings alfresco.

• Visited May 2013