“First time trying leftys” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 105 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: American, Californian
Roanoke, Virginia
“First time trying leftys”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

First impression was it needs a facelift outside and inside. Mix matched tables and chairs, painting needing done, decor needs big help, and so on. The server was very friendly, the food was absolutely delicious so despite the looks inside and outside I would definitely return.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leftys M, General Manager at Lefty's Main Street Grille, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Klay36,

Thanks for giving us a try! We love hearing when our new customers enjoyed their meals.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Blacksburg favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Lefty's is one of my favorite eating spots in Blacksburg. I eat mostly vegetarian and in a college town, finding healthy meals that fit the bill is actually not so easy. Lefty's has quite a large menu. I'm confident that anyone would be able to find something tasty here! It doesn't look like much from the outside but it's cute and quaint inside. The service is consistently good and so is the food. Most recently, I was here with my family a few days ago. I ordered a sandwich and salad combo (my usual choice) and everything was fresh and delicious! Very reasonably priced, too. I didn't find that anything was too greasy like some other reviewers have said.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you at Lefty's again soon! If you have not tried them yet, we have recently expanded our vegetarian selection by adding a few new sandwiches. We also run one vegetarian soup at all times, which can be ordered with any sandwich using one of our combinations.
Leesburg, Virginia
“Good, Local Sandwich Fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Stopped at Lefty's for a sandwich on the way south form Northern VA to North Carolina. The building is attractive from the outside and nice but 'local' on the inside.

The service was quick and friendly enough. We had two sandwiches, one salad with chicken and one burger. All the food was good- the sandwiches (Turkey Reuben and Grilled Ham) we especially good.

Overall, a good experience. We will come back.

Ezwing,

Thanks so much for dining with us on your trip south. I'm glad that everything was great and thank you for you feedback. We hope to see you again soon, and if the weather is nicer, perhaps you can try out patio seating, which is always very popular in the summer. If we see you before the weather warms up, try one our homemade soups that should help keep you warm.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Nice Casual Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Had lunch here and it was really good. Service was fast and excellent. Everything came out as expected and was very tasty. Atmosphere isn't the greatest, the building looks like it used to be a Captain D's Seafood or something close to that...was kind of dated and dingy inside.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leftys M, General Manager at Lefty's Main Street Grille, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
DCarr62,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm glad your meal and experience were enjoyable. Good eye noticing the nautical theme of the building. Lefty's was a Long John Silvers before we opened in 2004. Unfortunately we do not own the building and thus cannot make changes to the building itself. We try to keep a warm, family-style feeling to the restaurant by adding the left-handed pictures on the wall.

If you have not done so, please stop by and try our new lunch and dinner menu. We hope to see you soon.
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Fun place with eclectic food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stopped by after church last Sunday. Beautiful sunny August day. Were lucky to find an outside table with an umbrella. The place was packed, although they had more waitresses on duty than I remembered from the past.

I ordered their classic burger, my wife got the cashew chicken salad. Took about 20 minutes for our meals to arrive. We weren't in a hurry - this time. My hamburger was good. It was served between 2 slices (small) of sour dough bread which added to the flavor. But by the 2nd bite I'd worn out my napkin from wiping the grease (butter?) from my fingers which they picked up from the bread. The burger wasn't greasy - but the bread had a lot of something oily on it. My side order of onion rings left a small pool of grease in the bottom of the basket - but the rings didn't appear or taste greasy.

Total came to $25 plus tip.

We try to eat here at least once a year, preferably when VT is not in session. They always have an interesting selection of sandwiches and salads.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ernie,

Thanks for you input. As our business has grown over the years, we have tried to adjust our staffing accordingly to ensure good service. As for the butter incident, we have seen that others have shared your sentiments and consequently have begun finding healthier substitutes while also minimizing the amount of butter used. We hope that this will decrease the greasiness of our food while not sacrificing the great taste.