“Fun place with eclectic food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 106 restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: American, Californian
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Fun place with eclectic food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stopped by after church last Sunday. Beautiful sunny August day. Were lucky to find an outside table with an umbrella. The place was packed, although they had more waitresses on duty than I remembered from the past.

I ordered their classic burger, my wife got the cashew chicken salad. Took about 20 minutes for our meals to arrive. We weren't in a hurry - this time. My hamburger was good. It was served between 2 slices (small) of sour dough bread which added to the flavor. But by the 2nd bite I'd worn out my napkin from wiping the grease (butter?) from my fingers which they picked up from the bread. The burger wasn't greasy - but the bread had a lot of something oily on it. My side order of onion rings left a small pool of grease in the bottom of the basket - but the rings didn't appear or taste greasy.

Total came to $25 plus tip.

We try to eat here at least once a year, preferably when VT is not in session. They always have an interesting selection of sandwiches and salads.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leftys M, General Manager at Lefty's Main Street Grille, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Ernie,

Thanks for you input. As our business has grown over the years, we have tried to adjust our staffing accordingly to ensure good service. As for the butter incident, we have seen that others have shared your sentiments and consequently have begun finding healthier substitutes while also minimizing the amount of butter used. We hope that this will decrease the greasiness of our food while not sacrificing the great taste.

87% Recommend
Orlando, Florida
“Decent local restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The service here was pretty good - friendly and timely. The burgers and sandwiches are great! Although I will say, they are a little greasy...

We haven't tried much at this restaurant, but I do want to give them props for being a local restaurant with good food AND good service!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Paige,

Thank you for supporting our local business. To keep the local theme going, we have begun purchasing local vegetables and many of our tap beers are from Virginia.

If you have not done so, we have a new lunch and dinner menu with healthy alternatives. Also, we are in the process finding new butter substitutes to address the greasiness of some of our items.
“Great local place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place is a GREAT place for a casual lunch or dinner. The burgers are fantastic! Of course almost all of the food is fantastic. The pesto burger is my favorite but you can't go wrong no matter what you order---sandwiches, salads (Lefty's salad is one of my favorites) and the dinners are such a surprise---salmon cooked perfectly. The only negative is that the place is packed at lunch time so either get here early or late and don't plan on "fast" food.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pesmith929,

Thanks for your support! Our executive chef Tim has just put out a new dinner menu with several new dinner entrees. Don't worry, the Dill Salmon is still on the menu. As for the service, unfortunately that is one of the downsides of having a small restaurant. I am trying to staff lunches and dinners appropriately so while there my be a wait from time to time, we will be able to give prompt service to help minimize the wait. Thanks again.
Blacksburg, Virginia
“A nice Suprise.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Was really hesitant about trying this place...it is nothing fancy, but I was pleasantly surprised...I ordered one of there burgers and it was certainly one of the best in town...the waitress was very attentive and polite....the place was clean and kept up to date....

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bluelava99,

Thanks for stopping in. We try to make the best burgers in town by only using the best quality meat and fresh ingredients. Thank you the positive feedback regarding our service. We try very hard to make everyone's visit as pleasant as possible by maintaining high service quality standards.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not sure I see what everyone else does”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've seen and heard rave reviews, but haven't experienced a great meal here yet (3 attempts). I've tried their "specials" like the Croque sandwich, but haven't been pleased. I love how their menu reads - lots of options that sound great - but haven't found a good item yet.

Visited July 2013
H4VT,

I'm sorry that your experiences haven't been what you were hoping for. We certainly hope you will give us another try. Please follow us on twitter @LeftysGrille to see what our specials are. If anything catches your eye, give us another shot. Again, I apologize for the previous visits but hope that if you come again, we will be able to change your impression.