“Local and Delicious” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Californian
Roanoke, Virginia
“Local and Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

If you are looking for an alternative to the chain restaurants in Blacksburg, check out Lefty’s Main Street Grille on Main Street in Blacksburg. Lefty's has a wide variety of menu options, which are different for lunch and dinner, featuring fresh ingredients and homemade tastes. It is a small restaurant, where you seat yourself and can sit inside or outside on the patio. The servers are very friendly and the chef is very accommodating to your requests. I love their Chicken Salad Sandwich, but they only feature it at lunch. When asked, the chef made it for me for dinner. This time my husband and I had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich and the Chicken Fingers and Fries; both were excellent. (Especially the Grilled Chicken Sandwich: Grilled chicken breast on grilled sourdough bread topped with sautéed mushrooms and onions, avocado, sour cream and jack cheese) Two meals, 2 waters and 2 desserts came to a very reasonable $32. I would highly recommend Lefty's. Make sure to get there early, since it tends to get crowded.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Flanders, New Jersey
“Lefty's Main Street Grill ! Blacksburg's hidden treasure!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Lefty's is a small restaurant and you aren't prepared for the superior quality of the food that you are about to be served. The Cobb Salad is one of the best I've ever had and the sandwiches are delicious. Whenever we are travel 81 corridor from Tennessee to Virginia, we try to plan our trip so we can get to Lefty's around lunch time. We haven't had the opportunity to stop here for dinner yet, but it is something I look forward to doing in the near future. While it is a small place, it has a friendly ambiance and extraordinarily good food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas
“always a good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have made Lefty's part of our yearly ritual when we visit West Virginia. We like to eat on the patio, drink cold beer and enjoy the best sandwiches and fixins in the area. Be sure to try the bottlecaps (fried pickles) and check the time because they close after lunch on Saturday.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Macomb, Illinois
“Health, tasty dishes, great burgers home made potato chips too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Soups, salads, sandwiches, a burgers that will spoil you away from fast food burgers, and I loved their Salmon. I met with friends there when in town. Lefty's also has and outdoor patio area for dining or just have a drink. I really did eat potato chips, then I had them made fresh at Lefty's with a few beers, and now I drawn to them. Lefty is also convenient located from where I was staying at the Red Carpet Inn just about three blocks walking distance away.

Visited September 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Best Cobb Salad in the NRV!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Lefty's is the best kept secret in Blacksburg. They have great salads, entrees, and sandwiches. The soup is always something unusual and tasty. Their sides are adequate, lacking on variety, but flavorful. The beer selection is good for such a small place. Table seating is limited and there is no bar.

Visited August 2012