“Poor quality meat make me a reluctant diner” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 107 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Poor quality meat make me a reluctant diner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have eater here about five times. I have had a Thai chicken curry in which the quality if the meat just looked off. I didn't eat it. I have had Pad Sie Eiew several times, both with and without meat. It is always too greasy. I have had vegetarian Thai curry, and the flavor was rather one-dimensional. Not my favorite place to eat...

“Terrible to go experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I was told 10 minutes for my order to be ready for pickup. It ended up being more like 45 minutes. The guy at the register was not friendly and no one realized they were out of what I ordered until 40 minutes in. Sorry but a free spring roll does not make up for that. Atmosphere is very underwhelming and during my 45 minutes of waiting I didn't see very good customer service. The food quality really didn't matter to me at that point.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Very good Asian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stopped in the Mekong out of curiosity last week and had the beef Pho. It was excellent, with the freshest of ingredients. The seasoning was just right, and the portion was quite large. I went back again yesterday to try a different dish, the Vietnamese Chicken soup, which was just as tasty. It was filled with rice noodles, chicken, vegetables and served with a side of herbs, lime, jalapenos and bean sprouts to add to the soup as desired. Many diners around me were having interesting looking stir fries, rice dishes, and curries. Everyone seemed to really enjoy the food. The service is excellent. If you go at lunch, be prepared to wait. I recommend going a bit before noon or a bit later. They are closed on Mondays

If you have a few minutes, you might want to check out the Oasis World market next door, which stocks foods and other items from around the world you certainly won't find in your local food market.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“Yummy Asian dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our family enjoys comfort food that is a little different. We have been here three times in the past two months due to craving these dishes! We have tried Pad Thai, Drunken Noodles, Panang Curry, Fried Rice, and several appetizers. All was delicious! I asked the server who might have been the owner if she had a sample of Massaman Curry and she brought us a small bowl of the sauce. It was delicious too.

Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia
“Excellent Thai/Vietnamese cuisine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This place serves the best Thai and Vietnamese cuisine around. They use quality ingredients and the portions are huge (even at lunch). The prices are low and staff is friendly. The owner also runs the world food market (Oasis) next door, so he gets all of his ingredients fresh and sometimes local. Love this place!

Visited December 2013