Driving by you maybe turned off by some of the old paint on the outside of the building, however if you are not too concerned with outside appearances this hotel is really not "run down". This is no holiday inn or best western, however if you are looking for a simple, economical place to stay this would be the place to go. I stayed here three nights and never had a problem with noisy neighbors or service. The military rate is about $45 a night, while any other hotel in the area will be at least double that.
1. Value- a Room with 1 King size bed, 1 Full size bed, TV w/ free HBO, mini fridge, microwave, shower, and free wi-fi. At $45 a night that can not be beat.
2. Location- It is real close to Virginia Tech campus and not far from Christiansburg.
3. Service- Friendly kind staff, willing to accommodate needs (IE: Early check in)
1. Room had a heavy smell of perfume- It wasn't nauseating or intolerable, after a few minutes in the room I wasn't able to notice it anymore
2. Thin front wall- You can hear your neighbors come and go from the parking lot. It never disturbed my sleep or my stay. The issue was negligible.
3. Towels- The towels were a little old and coarse. Fluffier towels are always nice, but certainly not a deal breaker for the value.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Red Carpet Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Carpet Hotel Blacksburg
- Red Carpet Inn Blacksburg, Virginia
- Blacksburg Red Carpet Inn