“Great value - Clean & the service is friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Red Carpet Inn
1615 South Main St, Blacksburg, VA 24060   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Blacksburg
Liberty Hill, Texas
“Great value - Clean & the service is friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This place is certainly spartan - but clean with plenty of hot water! The couple who runs it couldn't be nicer. The lady called me back all the way to Texas to tell me they had a cancellation! Last thing I expected. No niceties, but who cares for the price and convenience.I have fallen in love with Hokie-land!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Macomb, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I am jazzed to be staying at the Red Carpet Inn, as tomorrow is game day Virginia Tech vs Bowling Green, kick off 12 noon, and it looks like the unofficial alumni dorm here. Alumni and families, in a fun civil environment, lighted booster signs VT fan temporarily display in their windows, and the usual fun safe community environment that spontaneously comes together for game days.
I just returned from Bulls and Bones microbrewery and restaurant across the street, and look forward to having breakfast at Famous Anthony's a leisurely walk two blocks away. I don't feel the least bit guilty have a latte and fresh baked goods just few feet away at the Daily Bread their menu is absolutely wonderful and I love sitting outdoors section, reminiscent of European cafes transplanted in Blacksburg.
I really like it here the Red Carpet saves me money I spend exploring Blacksburg, there are also Sal's Italian cuisine, and a new Mexican cuisine restaurant across the street from the Red Carpet Inn (I've visited both), two Chinese restaurants about a block away ( I've only dined at one so far), and an Kroger's grocery store opened 24/7.
I love just walking across the street from the Red Carpet Inn to Bulls, and Bones this evening. Bulls and Bones have wonderful in house beers being a microbrewery, and this wonderful feature built into their bar, a frosted strip running it's length to keep your drink cold to the last drop. What is grand is I didn't need to drive, or solicit a cab, because I just walk back across the street back to my room here at the Red Carpet Inn.
During my travels I pay so much more for places that try to do everything, so it is such a break on my wallet to stay at the Red Carpet Inn, and spend my saving where and how I like not to cover unnecessary overhead cost. As an example I can take my saving before I leave I look forward to investing in breakfast at Gillies across from VT campus.
As for Red Carpet Inn, I said after my last stay the only recommendation that is worth anything is my dollar vote in looking forward to my return visit and here I am? No frills, comparatively, great rate pricing, clean rooms, amenities Cable, Microwave, a Mini fridge, etc, safe environment, absolutely great location close to some of the best places in the area and I think the only Microbrewery, Bulls and Bones renown for it's barbeque and grilled dishes especially variety of wings, as well as others places a few I mentioned. I preferred to chose to take my saving from staying here at the Red Carpet Inn and try new things exploring what Blacksburg has to offer, it's my way of spreading the wealth. On top of everything else VT though it has been struggling with it's offense game is favored to win tomorrow. I really like the folks who own and operate the Red carpet Inn and I hope that this review is the least I can do to show my appreciation for their hospitality.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This hotel was very clean and a great staff. The location was great-the south end of town, within walking distance to big supermarket and restaurants. Very close to Blacksburg transit and Virginia Tech is in walking distance. The hotel manager arranged roomates to share a room and split payment if desired.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Actually, it was my first time to US, so as whoever visits a strange place, I was also quite nervous at the time. However, thanks to this hotel's kindness, I could feel comfortable and be getting familiar with here soon. The things that I was satisfied were regular clening service, convinient transportation, and diverse facilities around this hotel. Especially, I was so touched by pick-up service. At that time, I had to go to Washington D.C. and there are only two schedules to deaprt for WAS in Blacksburg, and one of two is at 2:45 a.m. There was No TAXI to the bus stop for WAS at such midnight. However, Harry, the owner of this hotel, willingly took me the bus stop despite of late night and I was fortunately able to get to WAS with ease.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
North Garden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We happened upon this hotel as we were heading away from the University in search of a cheaper rate. We were surprised to find the manager so friendly, and the rooms so modern, and quiet. The beds (a big issue with me) were firm, and the temperature comfortable. I've never slept so well in a hotel at this price. Also, my wife loved the showers—strong pressure, and instantly hot. If you're looking for a good deal, but have high standards, this place is the best. I'll definitely come back to this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Inexpensive, clean, great water pressure in the shower. Not far from downtown/campus. Best deal I've seen by far, good for a night in town. I would stay here again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This inexpensive hotel provides a great value near downtown/campus and has very friendly and accommodating staff.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!