“Rude Staff” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Lexington, Virginia
“Rude Staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I called the restaurant around 1:37 and asked if we came by 2pm if we could be seated in the dinning area. By the way it was Radford's Graduation…the gentlemen on the phone stated YES. When we arrived at 1:50pm I was advised that the dinning room was closing and we would have to sit in the bar…so having a graduation dinner with our daughter and grandchildren in a bar was not something I wanted our family to have as a memory. My advice is don’t trust the staff…they evidently don't know how to tell the truth…. and the dinning room is truly not open until 2pm. The young lady that spoke with us was very rude and almost hateful…. by the way I did let her know I would be writing a bad review. If you can't trust what they say…. then how can you trust that you will receive good service, a nice meal, and correct pricing? I will encourage my friends who visit the area to pass and instead go to Christiansburg to Blackstone Grill where the service, presentation, and food are all excellent.
I would recommend a course in custome service. Mrs. Adkins

Visited May 2013
Sam C, General Manager at 622 North, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
It is our policy at 622 North that over 50% of a party must be present before they are seated at a table. The gentlemen you talked to on the phone informed you that if your party was present before 2:00pm you would be seated in the dining room. It was 1:56pm ET, by our clock, when two of your seven guests arrived to "hold a table" until the other five guests arrived at an unknown time after 2:00pm ET. The gentleman or "liar" on the phone did nothing but let you know that if your party was here before 2:00pm ET you could be seated in the restaurant. Your party was not here before 2:00pm ET. The assistant manager you refer to as "rude" and almost "hateful" assured me she took the barrage of insults and profanity with a smile on her face. I have never experienced anything but professionalism and excellent customer service from this manager. I find it impossible to believe she was "rude' or "hateful". I apologize that our hours of service did not align with your daughters time of graduation. I respectfully refute the integrity of this review.

Virginia
“A nice wine selection and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were visiting our daughter at Tech on the last weekend of Easter break, so that meant tons of parents in town with their high schoolers doing campus tours - and that meant all of the restaurants close to campus had lines out the door.

As we were driving along Main Street, I spotted 622 Main *and wine bar* with no lines. Could it be that we were far enough from downtown that we could actually be seated right away? We decided to give it a try.

We were pleasantly surprised! The wine list was extensive and had prices for all tastes. The menu was an even bigger surprise - this was quite an upgrade from the usual college hangout menu. We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch and would gladly eat there again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, MD
“Delicious Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Since we have started going to VaTech in 2012 we have been looking for a good restaurant that's just a little bit more than burgers, pizza and such. There are some decent places for that in Blacksburg, but 622 North is a notch above. At our table we had a prosciutto wrapped barramundi, a chorizo burger and Ossobucco. Each were prepared quite nicely and the whole experience was a cut above what we have found so far in Blacksburg. It is also a wine bar with intriguing decor that makes you feel like you are at a grown up restaurant, not just a college town pub. I gave it 4 stars because we went back for brunch and it was rather mediocre. They ran out of some of the dishes advertised 2 hours before the brunch was supposed to be over. The waiter that time really pretty much forgot about us and didn't refill coffee mugs or the water glasses; at least he was pleasant.
We will definitely be back for dinner on one of our next trips to Blacksburg.

Visited March 2013
Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
“Always a disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've given 622 North several tries and each time they have failed. Usually slow service and food that fails to impress or even please. I've had errors in my orders, wait staff that apologize but don't make an effort to make it right. Given how long it takes to get served, I have never been patient enough to wait for them to go and prepare what I actually ordered. I've simply stopped going there.

Visited June 2012
Sam C, General Manager at 622 North, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Ken,
I first would like to apologize for your unsatisfactory experiences at 622 North. We take pride in serving exceptional food and providing excellent service and there is absolutely no excuse for this to happen once, much less on more than one occasion. I would like to invite you and a guest back to give 622 North another try. If you will take me up on my offer, please send me an email at info@622north.com so I can make arrangements.

Sam Catron
“VA's best wines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The waiter was knowledgeable on all of the wines and brought our order with speed and grace. The couches were comfy and I felt as if I was at home being pampered.

Visited November 2012