“Delicious Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Annapolis, MD
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Since we have started going to VaTech in 2012 we have been looking for a good restaurant that's just a little bit more than burgers, pizza and such. There are some decent places for that in Blacksburg, but 622 North is a notch above. At our table we had a prosciutto wrapped barramundi, a chorizo burger and Ossobucco. Each were prepared quite nicely and the whole experience was a cut above what we have found so far in Blacksburg. It is also a wine bar with intriguing decor that makes you feel like you are at a grown up restaurant, not just a college town pub. I gave it 4 stars because we went back for brunch and it was rather mediocre. They ran out of some of the dishes advertised 2 hours before the brunch was supposed to be over. The waiter that time really pretty much forgot about us and didn't refill coffee mugs or the water glasses; at least he was pleasant.
We will definitely be back for dinner on one of our next trips to Blacksburg.

Visited March 2013

Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
“Always a disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've given 622 North several tries and each time they have failed. Usually slow service and food that fails to impress or even please. I've had errors in my orders, wait staff that apologize but don't make an effort to make it right. Given how long it takes to get served, I have never been patient enough to wait for them to go and prepare what I actually ordered. I've simply stopped going there.

Visited June 2012
Sam C, General Manager at 622 North, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Ken,
I first would like to apologize for your unsatisfactory experiences at 622 North. We take pride in serving exceptional food and providing excellent service and there is absolutely no excuse for this to happen once, much less on more than one occasion. I would like to invite you and a guest back to give 622 North another try. If you will take me up on my offer, please send me an email at info@622north.com so I can make arrangements.

Sam Catron
“VA's best wines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The waiter was knowledgeable on all of the wines and brought our order with speed and grace. The couches were comfy and I felt as if I was at home being pampered.

Visited November 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Tasty Food, Nice Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was our first visit, and it was for our anniversary. The food was excellent and the service was professional. My wife had the braised short ribs, which were tender and tasty. I had the pork chop special, which was super moist (I am hesitant to order pork when eating out because it is often overcooked) and had a delicious sauce (cranberry, thyme, rosemary, lavender, stilton cream sauce). The vegetable of the day was fresh green beans. For my taste, they were slightly undercooked, but for many people they were probably perfect. The mashed potatoes were flavorful and had a nice consistency. The wine list is pretty extensive, but the wine-by-the-glass selection is fairly limited. They have a great selection of draft beers (15).I had read a review about the potato rounds and was anxious to try them, but they were sold out. They have some appetizers for one person and some that serve two, which is a nice option. I had garlic and asiago soup, which was delicious. I was very pleased with my selection of this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary, and we will definitely return--especially to try the Sunday brunch.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Bad risoto”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I went to 622 North once for dinner and haven't had the courage to come back. I'll tell you why: They are supposed to be a fine dining restaurant, so I ordered a risotto.When it arrived with raw, crunchy rice, I politely asked that they finished cooking it. So, after talking to the people in the kitchen, the server came back with my plate, explained that the risotto came from one big risotto pot and they couldn't bring me another plate because it would taste exactly the same and, to make matters worse, the server said my risotto was supposed to be crunchy! So, let's summarize the problems: (1) everyone's risotto made in one huge pot (are you serious?), (2) customer is wrong to point out the raw rice in it, and (3) no apologies or substitutions allowed.

• Visited April 2012