“Great food for the price” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 106 restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Greek
Montville, NJ
“Great food for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I loved this place once in a while while I was a student at VT. You can leave very full for $10-12, less if you're smaller than my 6'2" self. No frills here. Plain decor. But low prices and tasty food. Can't beat what you're getting for the price. Not very fast and not open late are probably the only downsides to this place.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

96% Recommend
Pepperell, Massachusetts
“Good find for food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had found this restaraunt while planning a college visit with my son. I had read some reviews that were not flattering regarding service. My experience was great. The food was fresh and tasty and the service was outstanding. I recommend Souvlaki for quick good food.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montgomery, Alabama
“Great little hole in the wall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

The food is really, really good. It's basically Greek fast food -- pitas, gyros, etc. -- but it is wonderful. Prices are quite reasonable, and servings are a good size, though not huge. This is your typical college town hole-in-the-wall restaurant. No atmosphere, just a few tables and really good food. It's the kind of place that, 20 years after leaving Tech, alumni reminisce, "Remember that great little Greek place we used to go to all the time?"

Virginia
“Great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I love their cucumber dip and the grilled pita! Souvlaki is great food for very low prices. Everything I have had here is good, its a two minute walk from the Virginia Tech campus. I have come here with friends many times and I'm always happy. Quick service for takeout. Seating in the restaurant is limited but I have usually been able to get a seat.

Visited June 2012
Manassas, Virginia
“Very tasty gyro meat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was close to the Virginia Tech campus so we walked there. It's a very small place - you can place your order at the counter and have a seat or sit and she'll come over and take your order. The food same out on disposable plates and plastic forks and knives - but we didn't care - we were there to eat. The meat was just mouthwatering. The tzaziki sauce was flavorful and the pita was very fresh tasting. The salad was pretty tasteless - but I was more into the meat and sauce anyway so I didn't really care. It would have been nice if the salad dressing was at least a little more vinegary - is that a word? It wasn't a HUGE plate of food, but it was enough to fill us up and sooooo tasty!

Visited September 2012

Been to Souvlaki? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Souvlaki, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.