“Great place for a bite, a beer or a roll” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 106 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Sushi, Vegetarian, International
Stephens City
“Great place for a bite, a beer or a roll”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

A great place to stop and have a quick lunch (usually quick), a sushi roll or an adult beverage. Specials change by day, but the menu remains pretty static. The dining room is pretty urban; wooden benches, chairs and plain tables. Staff is nice.

We've been several times, had the tempura, the sushi, the meat platters and burgers. Occasionally there will be a delay (it's a smallish kitchen) or maybe a small error on the food (overdone burger). The servers are quick to correct errors and nice enough.

Not too fancy, not so routine as some and not too expensive ($-$$) and pretty reliable. It's one of about 8-10 good places to eat in downtown BB. Great place to people watch and meet friends. You could bring family in, it's fine for that.... But, it's a smallish restaurant and gets pretty busy at certain times--loud kids or lots of bags/baby carriers on the floor is probaby not going to work when it's busy.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Blacksburg, Virginia
“Why haven't I visited before now?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Green's is a small restaurant on College Avenue tucked in between Rita's and Moe's. The seating is nice tables with benches and chairs, with the best seats being either at the back so you can watch the kitchen or in the windows so you can enjoy the goings on along College Avenue. There are also some tables and chairs outside down the walk a little way if you would like to get your order to go. The only reason I would suggest this is because the restaurant can be very loud and the smell of the cooking food can be overwhelming.

The menu is extensive with sushi and Mediterranean dishes. While we didn't order sushi, I am told that it is some of the best around and that was evident in the number of other diners who were enjoying it during my visit. It was a full house, with several customers getting their orders to go.

I ordered the Green's Burger which comes with a choice of side salad or veggie rice or for a small upcharge, Fries. I ordered the fries after being told they were the best in town.

The burger arrived quickly even though they were very busy and it was cooked perfectly. This was no ordinary burger, the meat was flavored with herbs and spices which mingled well with the roasted red pepper, spinach, avocado and horseradish sauce. The fries were hot and crunchy but they reminded me of those you get at Burger King. The next time I am there I will order the salad as my side.

Overall it was an enjoyable experience with fast service, pleasant wait staff, and delicious food. My only complaint was the lack of ventilation which could be changed with a better cooking hood.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Gone downhill fast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We ate here this weekend for the first time in a few months. We had been several times previously and been satisfied but this visit was terrible. The place was fairly busy on a Saturday afternoon with 2 servers working. One of them was wearing shorts on so short, her 'cheeks' were clearly visible. That's totally fine...time and place for everything, but NOT when serving my food! Both servers were clearly overwhelmed by their tasks and couldn't keep tables clean while taking orders and delivering food in the cramped restaurant. Our appetizer was delivered...greasy and poorly cooked and we were told that they were out of silverware and my husband and I were handed a pack of to go silverware each. Or meals were finally delivered and were a total disappointment. I ordered the green pita which sounded like a pita sandwich. It was delivered like a pizza, with greasy vegetables topped with far too much melted cheese. And the salad I got as a side consisted of 4 pieces of lettuce, (seriously, I counted) and 2 bell pepper strips. My husband's schwarma was also less than pleasant with unseasoned fatty chicken pieces and an unrecognizable side salad. Maybe we just ordered the wrong thing, but I won't go back to try somehting else. And by the way, the outdoor eating just outside the restaurant doesn't belong to them so don't go in thinking you can sit outside and enjoy your food....a big mistake on their part.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Yumm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Best breakfast in town! Make sure that you get there early enough for a biscuit! Servers are really nice.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The food I've had is fresh and tastes good. The dining area is very dated and small but that doesn't bother me. Have not tried the sushi but the Med. food is great!

• Visited January 2013