“Why haven't I visited before now?” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 105 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Sushi, Vegetarian, International
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Why haven't I visited before now?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Green's is a small restaurant on College Avenue tucked in between Rita's and Moe's. The seating is nice tables with benches and chairs, with the best seats being either at the back so you can watch the kitchen or in the windows so you can enjoy the goings on along College Avenue. There are also some tables and chairs outside down the walk a little way if you would like to get your order to go. The only reason I would suggest this is because the restaurant can be very loud and the smell of the cooking food can be overwhelming.

The menu is extensive with sushi and Mediterranean dishes. While we didn't order sushi, I am told that it is some of the best around and that was evident in the number of other diners who were enjoying it during my visit. It was a full house, with several customers getting their orders to go.

I ordered the Green's Burger which comes with a choice of side salad or veggie rice or for a small upcharge, Fries. I ordered the fries after being told they were the best in town.

The burger arrived quickly even though they were very busy and it was cooked perfectly. This was no ordinary burger, the meat was flavored with herbs and spices which mingled well with the roasted red pepper, spinach, avocado and horseradish sauce. The fries were hot and crunchy but they reminded me of those you get at Burger King. The next time I am there I will order the salad as my side.

Overall it was an enjoyable experience with fast service, pleasant wait staff, and delicious food. My only complaint was the lack of ventilation which could be changed with a better cooking hood.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Blacksburg, Virginia
“Gone downhill fast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We ate here this weekend for the first time in a few months. We had been several times previously and been satisfied but this visit was terrible. The place was fairly busy on a Saturday afternoon with 2 servers working. One of them was wearing shorts on so short, her 'cheeks' were clearly visible. That's totally fine...time and place for everything, but NOT when serving my food! Both servers were clearly overwhelmed by their tasks and couldn't keep tables clean while taking orders and delivering food in the cramped restaurant. Our appetizer was delivered...greasy and poorly cooked and we were told that they were out of silverware and my husband and I were handed a pack of to go silverware each. Or meals were finally delivered and were a total disappointment. I ordered the green pita which sounded like a pita sandwich. It was delivered like a pizza, with greasy vegetables topped with far too much melted cheese. And the salad I got as a side consisted of 4 pieces of lettuce, (seriously, I counted) and 2 bell pepper strips. My husband's schwarma was also less than pleasant with unseasoned fatty chicken pieces and an unrecognizable side salad. Maybe we just ordered the wrong thing, but I won't go back to try somehting else. And by the way, the outdoor eating just outside the restaurant doesn't belong to them so don't go in thinking you can sit outside and enjoy your food....a big mistake on their part.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Yumm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Best breakfast in town! Make sure that you get there early enough for a biscuit! Servers are really nice.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Floyd, Virginia
“Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The food I've had is fresh and tastes good. The dining area is very dated and small but that doesn't bother me. Have not tried the sushi but the Med. food is great!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Go Green”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This small restaurant is located in Downtown Blacksburg right across the street from the Virginia Tech campus and it’s a very popular spot for students. This was our second visit to Green’s Grill & Sushi and it was very busy both times we’ve been.

The menu offers an interesting mix of cuisines and dishes. There is a nice sushi selection, mediterranean inspired dishes, salads, some indian items, and a few traditional american foods.

During my first visit a few months ago, I tried the Grilled Chicken Tikka platter, which came with grilled chicken that was marinated in spices, rice, pita bread, relish, and a side salad. This was a massive amount of food and the chicken had outstanding flavor, which is a big reason why I wanted to return to Green’s this past Saturday.

I knew the chicken was good, but I decided to try something a little different for lunch and ordered the Turkish Beef Sandwich with a side salad. Similar to the chicken, the ground beef had terrific flavor and paired very well on the warm pita with onions, tomatoes, and relish. I tasted hints of nutmeg and cinnamon in the beef, which are spices I wouldn’t normally associate with ground beef but loved the flavors anyway. The sandwich and salad was plenty of food and a reasonable value at around $8.00.

I’ve been extremely impressed with the food during both of our visits to Green’s Grill and Sushi. After ordering two items that featured food from the grill, it must be time to now try the sushi.

Visited April 2013