“Gone downhill fast” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Gone downhill fast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We ate here this weekend for the first time in a few months. We had been several times previously and been satisfied but this visit was terrible. The place was fairly busy on a Saturday afternoon with 2 servers working. One of them was wearing shorts on so short, her 'cheeks' were clearly visible. That's totally fine...time and place for everything, but NOT when serving my food! Both servers were clearly overwhelmed by their tasks and couldn't keep tables clean while taking orders and delivering food in the cramped restaurant. Our appetizer was delivered...greasy and poorly cooked and we were told that they were out of silverware and my husband and I were handed a pack of to go silverware each. Or meals were finally delivered and were a total disappointment. I ordered the green pita which sounded like a pita sandwich. It was delivered like a pizza, with greasy vegetables topped with far too much melted cheese. And the salad I got as a side consisted of 4 pieces of lettuce, (seriously, I counted) and 2 bell pepper strips. My husband's schwarma was also less than pleasant with unseasoned fatty chicken pieces and an unrecognizable side salad. Maybe we just ordered the wrong thing, but I won't go back to try somehting else. And by the way, the outdoor eating just outside the restaurant doesn't belong to them so don't go in thinking you can sit outside and enjoy your food....a big mistake on their part.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Yumm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Best breakfast in town! Make sure that you get there early enough for a biscuit! Servers are really nice.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The food I've had is fresh and tastes good. The dining area is very dated and small but that doesn't bother me. Have not tried the sushi but the Med. food is great!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Go Green”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This small restaurant is located in Downtown Blacksburg right across the street from the Virginia Tech campus and it’s a very popular spot for students. This was our second visit to Green’s Grill & Sushi and it was very busy both times we’ve been.

The menu offers an interesting mix of cuisines and dishes. There is a nice sushi selection, mediterranean inspired dishes, salads, some indian items, and a few traditional american foods.

During my first visit a few months ago, I tried the Grilled Chicken Tikka platter, which came with grilled chicken that was marinated in spices, rice, pita bread, relish, and a side salad. This was a massive amount of food and the chicken had outstanding flavor, which is a big reason why I wanted to return to Green’s this past Saturday.

I knew the chicken was good, but I decided to try something a little different for lunch and ordered the Turkish Beef Sandwich with a side salad. Similar to the chicken, the ground beef had terrific flavor and paired very well on the warm pita with onions, tomatoes, and relish. I tasted hints of nutmeg and cinnamon in the beef, which are spices I wouldn’t normally associate with ground beef but loved the flavors anyway. The sandwich and salad was plenty of food and a reasonable value at around $8.00.

I’ve been extremely impressed with the food during both of our visits to Green’s Grill and Sushi. After ordering two items that featured food from the grill, it must be time to now try the sushi.

Visited April 2013
“not too impressed.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

It was just ok .. service very slow and mediocre food... go to Gilleys down the street instead for a better meal.

Visited April 2013