I was travelling for a conference at VT and came across this hotel. We booked about a month ahead of time, and everything was great! The lobby/breakfast space is nicely decorated, and the room was great! It was much bigger than I was expecting and had all of the amenities that you would expect. But the best thing about this hotel was the customer service. We were greeted by a very friendly front desk person who answered all of our questions, and every morning we left the hotel someone told us to have a good day! The breakfast was good, standard inclusive hotel breakfast, which is perfect for me. Juan, the breakfast chef, was so attentive to both the food and the hotel guests. In addition to making sure all of the food and breakfast was continually stocked, he came around to every table every morning to say hello and make sure we had everything we needed. It was truly a wonderful experience. The only negative I have about this hotel is the size of the gym area, but it did have a treadmill which I used every day so overall I was happy.
Overall, I would 100% recommend this hotel, and I will be staying here again when I return for this meeting next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Comfort Suites® University offers easy access to Virginia Tech and a host of local restaurants and shops in Downtown Blacksburg, VA. This Blacksburg, Virginia hotel also offers convenient access to US Route 460, making travel to Christiansburg, Radford and Dublin easy. Other nearby attractions include: Smithfield Plantation Museum of Geological Science First & Main Shopping Plaza New RiverGuests of the Comfort Suites University hotel are invited to relax in the indoor heated pool or work out in the fitness center. A variety of outdoor activities including badminton, basketball, tennis, biking, boating, fishing and golfing are also nearby. There is one meeting room, which can accommodate 45 people for banquets and 75 for conferences. Other amenities include: Free wireless high-speed Internet access Free daily newspaper Business CenterYour Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious options, making breakfast at the Comfort Inn & Suites the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors! If you're leaving early, a Your Suite Success™ Grab & Go bag is available for the two hours prior to breakfast.All rooms are either suites or oversized – perfect for families and others needing a little space – and offer a large desk with USB docking station, a flat-screen television with cable, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, alarm clock, iron and ironing board. Some rooms feature a sofa sleeper and kitchen facilities.This is a non-smoking hotel.Its perfect location and convenient access to area attractions make the Comfort Suites University a great place for business and leisure travelers in the Blacksburg, VA area. Book a room with us today, we look forward to your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Comfort Suites University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites Blacksburg University Hotel Blacksburg
- Blacksburg Hawthorn Suites
- Comfort Suites University Blacksburg, Virginia