This was my second stay at this hotel. 3 of my former VT friends and I got together for a girls weekend. We rented 2 suites with 2 queen beds, and reserved the larger suites. They were able to accommodate us and give us adjoining rooms. I checked in early, and had the pleasure of watching the housekeeping staff make up one of the suites while I worked in the suite that was ready. Every surface was wiped down and disinfected, and I was very impressed. The staff at this hotel is friendly and go out of their way to make sure you are not inconvenienced. We did not want our room serviced the second day, but the housekeeping staff gave us fresh shampoo and towels in the hall so that we would be set. The included hotel breakfast is great - everything from yogurt and boiled eggs, to hot eggs, sausage, biscuits and sausage, make your own waffle station, cereal and oatmeal. I especially like that they have iced tea, hot coffee, choices of juices, fresh fruit and milk as drink selections. Everyone in our group was able to find something to meet their dining preferences. This makes 7 nights I have spent at this hotel since the summer, and I continue to be impressed. I didn't use the pool or the workout room this trip, but another group came into the breakfast area after swimming and seemed very happy. My favorite part of this hotel - the beds and bedding are super comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Comfort Suites® University offers easy access to Virginia Tech and a host of local restaurants and shops in Downtown Blacksburg, VA. This Blacksburg, Virginia hotel also offers convenient access to US Route 460, making travel to Christiansburg, Radford and Dublin easy. Other nearby attractions include: Smithfield Plantation Museum of Geological Science First & Main Shopping Plaza New RiverGuests of the Comfort Suites University hotel are invited to relax in the indoor heated pool or work out in the fitness center. A variety of outdoor activities including badminton, basketball, tennis, biking, boating, fishing and golfing are also nearby. There is one meeting room, which can accommodate 45 people for banquets and 75 for conferences. Other amenities include: Free wireless high-speed Internet access Free daily newspaper Business CenterYour Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious options, making breakfast at the Comfort Inn & Suites the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors! If you're leaving early, a Your Suite Success™ Grab & Go bag is available for the two hours prior to breakfast.All rooms are either suites or oversized – perfect for families and others needing a little space – and offer a large desk with USB docking station, a flat-screen television with cable, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, alarm clock, iron and ironing board. Some rooms feature a sofa sleeper and kitchen facilities.This is a non-smoking hotel.Its perfect location and convenient access to area attractions make the Comfort Suites University a great place for business and leisure travelers in the Blacksburg, VA area. Book a room with us today, we look forward to your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Comfort Suites University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites Blacksburg University Hotel Blacksburg
- Blacksburg Hawthorn Suites
- Comfort Suites University Blacksburg, Virginia