“Great food!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 106 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Cellar Restaurant and 6-Pak Beer Store is located in downtown Blacksburg Virginia directly across from Va Tech campus. We have been serving Greek and American food since 1963. Our signature dishes include homemade Meat Lasagne, Greek spaghetti, Moussaka, Tiropita, Spanakopita with tzatziki sauce, Pasta Aegean with shrimp, Spinach salad and Greek Salads, Mushroom and Shrimp Raviolis, 6144 different Calzone combinations and The Best Pizza south of Chicago. We also have an expanded Beer shop with over 300 different beers from all over the world.
Pittsburgh
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

They have awesome gluten-free pizza here. I look forward to going when I am in Blacksburg just for the pizza. Everyone else's food is really good as well. Hand-tossed pizza, huge calzones and hoagies. Italian and Greek choices. Always lots of people so you know the food is good and worth the price. It's got a bar atmosphere with a few TVs, and seating out front. It's right across the street from one of the main campus entrances. Parking is a bit hard to get to, but decent sized in the rear lot.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Merry Hill, North Carolina
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I guess if you're a college student meeting up with friends this would be a great place to chat it up while eating/drinking. As a visitor ordering dinner, it can be a bit daunting.... The restaurant is part of a strip of store-fronts with very minimal parking out front. Most customers would probably need to go around and park behind the restaurant. There is outdoor seating before you enter the restaurant. Once inside you are smack in the middle of seating and it's every man for himself. Once you find a table it may need to be cleared, but the first thing is to claim your spot. A bar with stools and beer menu on the wall is located in the back. There is also one small room on the side that can be reserved for larger parties. Since tables are over-sized and close together it really is a challenge to feel comfortably seated here. Again, maybe it's just me since I'm not part of the crowd... The wait staff is very busy and it does take awhile to get menus, drinks and orders. This is not the place to go to if you are in a hurry to be served. However, with a surf'n turf special including a salad, 6oz. steak, half dozen skewered grilled, shrimp, potatoes, side veg. and garlic bread ---- All for $13, then I can wait a bit. The meal is not gourmet/fancy. It's just your basic steak and shrimp grilled with minimal seasoning and no sauces. It was okay. Nothing special, but definitely filling. We didn't order dessert/ try the beer, but they do have quite a selection of beers to choose from. I guess about half the crowd at the time we were there did have beers/cocktails. One last note: Be careful when leaving not to fall down the front stairs...

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“My favorite spot in Blacksburg!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I love The Cellar's food. You can't go wrong with their pita pizzas. The cucumber dip and pita is an excellent app, too. I really like the atmosphere, but things can get very crowded upstairs if it is a special weekend in bburg. The outside seating is a nice option, too.
The service can be wishy washy from time to time. Some days you are in and out like a fast food restaurant, however other days you better have more time than just a lunch hour. It seems they have staffing issues, but I guess that would be expected in a college town.
Overall, I love this place. This will be my first destination after defending my thesis this winter!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Floyds Knobs
“Good Gyros”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stopped during the street festival and the place was packed. The food was good, service was excellent. The only complaint was that their beer was warm. The waitress offered to bring my husband ice for his beer.... not ideal.

Visited August 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Changing Our Minds”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I recently wrote a review praising the location for their excellent food and service from our first visit, right after my husband and I moved to the area. However, our last 3 visits have featured terrible service from servers. The food was great every time, however in order to get the food, we have had to patiently wait 20-25 minutes each time to be acknowledged by the staff!

They have been busy when we went, but watching other tables who sat down after us get their food before we placed our order is frustrating to say the least. Also, every server will make eye contact with you but then completely ignore you! One server removed a high chair from our table and did not say a word when it was obvious we didn't even have a menu yet!

Again, I will say that the food was still great and when we got fed up of waiting and moved to the bar on our last visit, everything went much smoother. But I don't think we can count on good service ever again and won't be coming back.

Visited July 2013