“Greek Veggie Sandwich—Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 106 restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Cellar Restaurant and 6-Pak Beer Store is located in downtown Blacksburg Virginia directly across from Va Tech campus. We have been serving Greek and American food since 1963. Our signature dishes include homemade Meat Lasagne, Greek spaghetti, Moussaka, Tiropita, Spanakopita with tzatziki sauce, Pasta Aegean with shrimp, Spinach salad and Greek Salads, Mushroom and Shrimp Raviolis, 6144 different Calzone combinations and The Best Pizza south of Chicago. We also have an expanded Beer shop with over 300 different beers from all over the world.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Greek Veggie Sandwich—Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was staying at the Main Street Inn and walked down the road to The Cellar. It was very crowded so I couldn't sit outside. I sat the bar, instead and ordered a Greek Veggie Sub and a Harp. Perfect! I could see making this a permanent hangout. The only weird thing was the barstool was kinda low. Maybe it could've been adjusted, but no biggie. Great place, great service, good food. What else could you want?

PS I see on the list that Backstreet's is listed. This was next to the Main Street Inn and is no longer there. It is being repalced by the Mellow Mushroom. FYI

Visited June 2013

82% Recommend
Orlando, Florida
“Best local restaurant in Blacksburg so far!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I recently moved to Blacksburg and so far this is the best local restaurant we have found. Their food is mostly sandwiches, which are really good. They do have salads and meals, too, but we always flip to the sandwich part of the menu right away. The drinks are cheap, and the service is almost always great! The staff is generally really friendly!

Love it. Will be back here many many more times.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fredericksburg, VA
“Too much to finish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went for lunch while on business in Blacksburg. I got the personal pizza, which was really about a 10" pizza. Could choose any 3 toppings for a lunch special. Pizza was very good but too much for me to eat and unfortunately I had no way to take it with me!

Visited May 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“It's the Cellar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Great as always. The beer is great and the food is fantastic. Even the service is good now. My favorite place in Blacksburg.

Visited May 2013
St. John's, NL
“Great food, college town atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We recently spent a day in Blacksburg, Virginia, and had dinner at The Cellar. A family member lives and works in Blacksburg and recommended the spot. It did not disappoint.

We sat in the downstairs section, at a booth in the corner. It has a real college-town vibe, with lots of selections of beer and a large menu. The food was delicious, and the portions were large (many of us took leftovers home).

One member of our group is Gluten-Free, and the menu had options for his dietary restrictions.

Simple, straight-forward, college-town restaurant. Definitely recommend.

• Visited April 2013