“A favorite place for donuts” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 106 restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Donuts
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Carol Lee Donuts is a retail take-out doughnut shop. Seating is limited to outdoor seating during the summer only.Coffee,cappuccino,milk,and tea are available inside. Soda, water and juice are in a vending machine outside.
Roanoke, Virginia
“A favorite place for donuts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We love to go to this place to get donuts. My kids love that they have so many choices and we (*guilt*) usually end up getting more than our bellies should hold. I love the fact that it is not a chain store that that you go there to get donuts. Not breakfast sandwiches, not fancy coffee, not lunch...just wonderful, amazing donuts.

What are you waiting for?

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Long time tradition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our family has patronized Carol Lee Doughnuts for over 30 years. They baked our daughter's wedding cake.

Too bad they are on the other side of town from us, otherwise we'd spend more time there (and wear larger clothes).

Doughnuts are always fresh. Nice variety. We like to purchase a bagful and eat them outside on the picnic table.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“a bit disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Locals rave about their donuts, so we had to try some on our visit to town. Donuts are very light but definitely have a stale oil flavor--hard to describe--a bit mechanical, not pleasant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Donuts to Go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I decided to order a box of a half-dozen to get a good variety. I picked the Blueberry Cake, Toasted Coconut, Devil's Food Chocolate Iced, Chocolate Iced with Peanuts, Cinnamon Sugar, & Bavarian Creme filled for my six doughnuts. They are $.70 each individually and I believe it was just under $4.00 for a half-dozen.

After now having tried all six flavors, the Blueberry Cake & Toasted Coconut are my two favorites. There's nothing fancy about the blueberry cake, but this cake doughnut is extremely light and the berries tasted stronger than usual in most other blueberry doughnuts I've tried.

For a contrast, the Toasted Coconut was a glazed yeast doughnut but topped with shavings of toasted coconut. The coconut gives a unique texture and a sweet nutty flavor that works well with the yeast doughnut. I'm not a coffee drinker but this seemed like a doughnut that would pair perfectly with a cup of coffee.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not a restaurant, but great donuts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Simple, no frills donut shop. What I imagine they used to be like before I was around. Anyways, I always come here on trips to blacksburg to get a dozen for $6. Love the chocolate frosted with crushed peanuts on top!

• Visited March 2013