“Donuts to Go” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 107 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Donuts
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Carol Lee Donuts is a retail take-out doughnut shop. Seating is limited to outdoor seating during the summer only.Coffee,cappuccino,milk,and tea are available inside. Soda, water and juice are in a vending machine outside.
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Donuts to Go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I decided to order a box of a half-dozen to get a good variety. I picked the Blueberry Cake, Toasted Coconut, Devil's Food Chocolate Iced, Chocolate Iced with Peanuts, Cinnamon Sugar, & Bavarian Creme filled for my six doughnuts. They are $.70 each individually and I believe it was just under $4.00 for a half-dozen.

After now having tried all six flavors, the Blueberry Cake & Toasted Coconut are my two favorites. There's nothing fancy about the blueberry cake, but this cake doughnut is extremely light and the berries tasted stronger than usual in most other blueberry doughnuts I've tried.

For a contrast, the Toasted Coconut was a glazed yeast doughnut but topped with shavings of toasted coconut. The coconut gives a unique texture and a sweet nutty flavor that works well with the yeast doughnut. I'm not a coffee drinker but this seemed like a doughnut that would pair perfectly with a cup of coffee.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not a restaurant, but great donuts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Simple, no frills donut shop. What I imagine they used to be like before I was around. Anyways, I always come here on trips to blacksburg to get a dozen for $6. Love the chocolate frosted with crushed peanuts on top!

• Visited March 2013
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Really?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The best "restaurant" in Blacksburg is a donut shop? Yes, their donuts are great, but, really, this is not a restaurant, it's a donut shop in an old gas station. We do have restaurants here. This is wrong.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Blacksburg, Virginia
“The Best Donuts in the World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

No other doughnut comes close to Carol Lee Donuts! They are like potato chips - you can't eat just one. My favorites are plain glazed, maple glazed, blueberry cake, apple filled and cinnamon twist. When my family or I are in town this is a must and at least one dozen will appear on the kitchen table. I have taken friends, from out of town, to introduce them to a much beloved Blacksburg business and to the best donuts anywhere.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A special treat when we are in Blacksburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

A visit to Carol Lee Donuts is a must for us when we are in Blacksburg. They have a huge selection and a few flavors that are hard to find in chain donut shops. My 3 year old always looks forward to her donut with sprinkles when we make the trip to Virginia.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere