“Absolute worse ever” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Richmond, Virginia
“Absolute worse ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Fried rice did not resemble anything I'm familiar with regarding Chinese. Sleeze dirty place even for take out.

Visited June 2012

Charleston, WV
“I never imagined”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

This place was so dirty...going based off the reviews I thought I'd give the food a try anyway. The food was disappointing.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Blacksburg, Virginia
“A Blacksburg Go-To”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My boyfriend and I absolutely love Chinese kitchen. It's very well priced and hunan and Gen Tso are just delicious, and the experience is always topped off by service from our favorite employee :) Perfect takeout.. and you can eat in if that's just your thing.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Strip mall surprise: close to authentic Chinese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Chinese Kitchen is in a nondescript location, but the food really shines. There is also your typical Chinese-American fare, but what stands out are the authentic Chinese dishes - very close to what I've eaten in Beijing and other cities. The food here was a major factor in my Chinese ex-wife's consent to move back to Blacksburg many years ago. Don't be fooled by the appearance: just order your food, take it home and enjoy

• Visited March 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Love me some cheap Chinese!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

One evening, I was craving Chinese food and I hadn't ever had any in Blacksburg before. I decided to do a quick search and take a chance. This place popped up as the most promising, so I drove on over. At first glance, you pause before you walk in. It's definitely a "hole in the wall" and you begin to wonder. But based on reviews, I was game. Good move.

For less than $5, I got a large portion of sesame chicken and white rice (my preference), along with a cup of soup and a fortune cookie. The portion was plentiful, enough for dinner and lunch the next day. And the taste was spot on. You just can't beat good tasting Chinese that is also quick and cheap.

• Visited June 2011