“good experience in the burg” 4 of 5 stars
Review of cabo fish taco

cabo fish taco
117 South Main Street Blacksburg, VA 24060 540.552.0950, Blacksburg, VA
Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Ranked #12 of 103 restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Late Night
Description: second location in charlotte, nc.
Cazenovia, New York
“good experience in the burg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Last time i was here (1985!) this place was a honky tonk bar located in an old church...well now it is a nice southwest eatery with a nice bar and ample seating inside/upstairs with an outside seating area...the beer selection is good with some local craft beers available (on tap). We had a few kinds of tacos, - BBQ mahi, buffalo shrimp and steak - all were very good and the prices were reasonable. Service was prompt and very friendly and we were there on a busy night. i miss the old bar but this place is definitely worth checking out.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Orlando, Florida
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The atmosphere here is more casual and the servers have proven to be friendly. The food is $9-$12 if you're not getting the most fancy items on the menu. I've eaten here twice now - once with my husband and once with my parents and husband. They start you off with chips and a corn salsa-like dip. Between my husband, my parents, and I, we can say the BBQ Mahi Tacos and Lemon Grilled Shrimp Tacos are AMAZING, the Guacomole Salmon Salad is good but not as good as the tacos, and the Rosarita Fajitas are great, too! We also tried the guacomole, which was delicious.

Their drinks range in price depending on what you want. I got a mojito for $6 (which was light on the rum) and my husband got a Yuengling for $3.25.

Because I like to have an idea of prices before I go to a restaurant, I'll say that when my husband and I went alone, we spent about $30 + tip. When we went with my parents, we spent about $50 + tip. It's pricier for the Blacksburg area, but well worth it. If you don't eat at Cabo Fish Taco on your trip to Blacksburg, you're missing out!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Excellent service and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Dining by myself, I chose to sit at the bar. A little weary as sometimes that can be difficult since the bar was busy getting drinks for the dining area, but service was excellent. Just enough service to ensure my drink and food were good, and I had all I needed. Chicken feta pasta, a special, was excellent, as well as the regional beer on tap. Would stop again if in Blacksburg area.

Visited July 2013
Willis
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Love it! Food is outstanding; service is great; value makes it easy to try every item on the menu...working my way through the appetizers...

Visited July 2013
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Decent option, but the place smells icky.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Food is average to good with interesting options not found on many menu's. But unless you are seated outside, you'll be sickened by the awful smell that is always present. Bad grease trap maintenance I'm guessing...pretty gross. Great margaritas though so if you have a few you may not care about the smell.

Visited June 2013