“Business at VA Tech” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Blacksburg
Staunton, United States
“Business at VA Tech”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

This hotel is very close to VA Tech campus and an easy drive. The rooms are nice and they do have smoking rooms if you prefer. Rachel, who works at the front desk, was very helpful at reserving me a room when the hotel was practically booked. I wish they had grab bag breakfast rather than expensive buffet only.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jeremy A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear that the hotel was conveniently located for your needs and that Rachel was able to assist you. Thanks again for staying with us and I do hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stayed at HGI Blacksburg one night with my daughter in order to attend the International Vocal Arts Institute closing performance at Virginia Tech. The hotel is a 5 minute drive from VT. It is lovely with large, clean rooms. The breakfast is very good. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in Blacksburg.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Virginia Tech. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to enjoy our breakfast. We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you travel to Blacksburg!
arlington heights, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This hotel had everything I could have asked for including complimentary business and mailing materials, nearby restaurant suggestions, cheap breakfast, pool access, internet access, clean rooms, great shower, keurig machines in the room, and free coffee and tea right in the lobby. This was one the best hotel experiences I have ever had, especially since it was on a trip I didn't care to go on. This hotel made my drive from Illinois to Virginia worth it. If Charles is working, make sure you hit the bar too, he's great!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it was a highlight of your trip. Charles does an outstanding job and we are very fortunate to have him on our team. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again should your travels bring you to Blacksburg.
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My husband and I had stayed at this HGI a couple times previous to my stay this past weekend. But now I feel prompted to write my review. I wish I could remember the desk staff member's name. She checked us in and was quite professional and warmly compassionate. My friend and I had just spent 4 days hiking a challenging 41 miles on the Appalachian Trail. We were a bit grimy and extremely exhausted. Recognizing our weariness, we were quickly given cold bottles of water and all the information we needed to reenter civilization. Breakfast the next morning was delicious. We enjoyed made to order omelettes and I made myself a waffle. There was a wide assortment of very fresh fruit. We loved having fresh strawberries, melon, and pineapple after having only dried fruit and applesauce on the AT. What is especially nice about HGI's breakfast is that you get to sit at nice tables with cloth napkins. And servers attend to your needs and bring you fresh coffee or tea. I much prefer this to the "free" continental breakfasts offered at other places.
Also, during our stay last Saturday night, there was a big family reunion being held at the HGI and there were many families of swimmers staying there due to a big meet in Christiansburg. I must say that all the guests were friendly and considerate. I am a very light sleeper and our room was right by the elevator and I barely heard a thing. It was a peaceful night.
One thing that I forgot to mention to the staff was that the toilet seat in our bathroom was just a little bit loose. I am sure if I had mentioned this, someone would have fixed it. This small flaw is not even bothersome enough to keep me from endorsing this hotel with 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Jeremy A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your experience regarding your stay. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and for the level of service that you received. We have shared your comments with Rachel and we are very happy to have her as part of our team. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that we will see you again in the future.
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Our family stayed here during our son's orientation at VT. I couldn't believe it but our shower had mold in the grout. It was gross. And the hotel was noisy. You could actually hear the people walking in the room above us. We have stayed at hilton Garden's before and this one doesn't even compare.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jeremy A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your accommodations at our property. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
syracuse, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Nice Hotel ,my family and I only stayed 1 nite on our way to Orlando.The hotel was excellent clean,quiet,staff was excellent and we will be back to stay again..Beds were very comfortable and the layout of the room was perfect with 5 travelers.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jeremy A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience.
VIENNA VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Spent a night with my family at HGI Blacksburg to tour Virginia Tech (VT) for our older son and it was the best experience for all of us. The hotel is located practically right next to VT and the service was impeccable from the front desk for check-in to the room service and the breakfast staff. We checked in late and it took less than 5 minutes for us to get to our room and four bottles of cold water for a hot summer night. We ordered room service and the food was very tasty and reasonable in price. We ordered grilled catfish entrees with different sides and chicken wings for the little guy and the food was surprisingly excellent for a university hotel. Being HHonors members, we received complimentary breakfast buffet for all four and the cooked to order items were exquisite. The eggs were cooked perfectly for the different ways requested, and the french toast and breakfast potatoes were excellent. The staff truly makes this property a five star in rating and the room was very clean efficient and clean. If our older son decides to attend VT in the next three years, this will always be our go to property when a visit is in order. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try to request for highest floor (i.e., 4th floor) as you will be able to hear when foot steps in th...