“Want a Great Stay and Friendly hotel in Blacksburg, VA” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save Big
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Blacksburg
Yorba Linda, California
“Want a Great Stay and Friendly hotel in Blacksburg, VA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I really had a great time and stay at Garden Inn in Blacksburg, VA. This place truly offers great comfort, very clean and their Staff and Mgmt. are "AWESOME" folks, always around to help you. I was with a traveling team and everyone was really impressed with their friendliness and cordial reception team. We always start our day with a perfect breakfast and they're ready to serve you with either light or full meal if you so prefer.

This place is a must see and I would highly recommend whenever you're in Blacksburg. Location is great, close to VIT, it is quiet and sorrounded by trees and flowers to enjoy. Also, easy access to freeway and nearby restaurants.

Jeremy (D' Working GM.) ..I thank you for a great chat and really making us feel at home with a 5 Star treatment.

See again soon..Gil from Arlington, VA

Room Tip: CABO TACO's restaurant also offers great mexican food.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HGIbburg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience about your stay at our hotel. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure meeting you and your team and I'm looking forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lexington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed at the subject hotel last weekend (5/31/14).. It's a beautiful property both inside and out. Excellent, convenient location to Tech and downtown B-burg. What was startling to us was the amount of mold in the shower basin. It was GROSS. Not just a spot or two, but around the entire shower basin. GROSS. You have to wonder why the cleaning staff a) did not notice it, and b) did nothing to clean it. A little bleach would go a long way. When I mentioned this to some other guests, they too said they had mold in their bathrooms. What?? I only saw our own, so i don't know how bad other rooms were in comparison to ours. If it's widespread, why doesn't management re-caulk it or re-install the basins. Clearly something wasn't done right.... When i mentioned this to the front desk, they noted the problem, but didn't seem all that interested in doing anything about it. Another guest we talked to complained of a musty smell in their room, and my wife thought she smelled it in our room, but I couldn't smell it. Lastly, our TV never really worked right. I couldn't explain the problem, but it was like every 15 seconds the picture and sound froze, then it wobbled before it came back. Strange. The front desk was seemingly uninterested in resolved the problem. I hate to write about the downside to this hotel, because i really wanted to love this property - it's really a nice setting. I'm not sure i'll re-book here, and I"m a hilton "frequent flyer"!!

Room Tip: Check for mold in the bathroom before you accept the room...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
HGIbburg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the condition of our property. We have taken your comments seriously and are working towards resolving the issue to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Centreville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel is reasonably easy to find and parking is plentiful. The hotel appears new and is very well-maintained. The entry is inviting and nicely lit, with plenty of natural light in the daytime. Staff was uniformly polite, efficient and friendly (especially at the bar). My room was equipped for handicapped access and was therefore larger than normal. It was very quiet, immaculately clean and well-appointed. The bed was very comfortable. I got to use the community whirlpool which was a nice feature. Breakfast was excellent as was the service. Overall this was a very good value and I would stay there again. My only minor criticism was the excessive number of speed bumps in the parking area. They were annoying in a sports car and potentially hazardous to a tired motorcyclist.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had while staying with us. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and had the opportunity to enjoy the amenities that we offer. Thanks again for staying with us and I hope that we will see you again in the future.
Livingston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great Hotel and Grt Location for V Tech . CLaen and Friendly. would have liked an included breakfast but there was free coffee. quite a teh time of our visit ( off Season) but friendly and located just around corner from Main campus of VT and the Downtown area. Good clean room and a good price as I used pionts and cash for stay. Will stay again if my son gets into VTech for sure

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn during your recent visit to Blacksburg. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Best of luck to your son and I hope that we will see you in Blacksburg in the future.
Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed when we had some unexpected roof repairs on our house and they staff was lovely. The breakfast was excellent, and the rooms were clean. Did not get to try the pool, but really enjoyed our stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg. While it is unfortunate that you required unexpected roof repairs, I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please know that you can enjoy our breakfast at any time as it is open to the public. Thanks again for staying with us and I hope that we have the opportunity to assist with any accommodation needs you may have in the future.
Danbury, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This hotel was clean and the staff most courteous. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The surroundings were quiet which enabled me to get work done before bed. I felt this hotel was in a good location and was a great value for the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to get your work done in clean and quiet accommodations. I hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

First stay here, but we have been lucky with Hilton Garden Inns, in general. All seem to have the same standards, High!, for lobby, easy check-in, friendly staff, clean & spacious room. The breakfast was very good, nice selection of items, including lots of fresh fruit! Love that parking & internet are included with the room rate. Safe area and easy access to Virginia Tech!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn during your recent trip to Blacksburg. I'm pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us and had the opportunity to enjoy our wonderful breakfast. I hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again should you return to Blacksburg.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg? Share your experiences!