“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Blacksburg
Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Blacksburg for a week due to construction at my house. I've passed this hotel many times and have never been inside. Check in was quick and easy, and they honored my request of wanting to be on the top floor. My room was very clean, the duvets had just been washed (as they do every time a new guest checks in). This is a nice feature because most hotels leave the same bedspread or duvet on for weeks or months before even thinking about washing them. The bathroom was a bit small, but sufficient for my needs. The amenities included free WiFi (which could be spotty at times), a small indoor pool, hot tub, and a great fitness center with everything I needed. Staff was incredibly accommodating and assisted with any need or request. The rooms were fitted with Keurig machines instead of nasty coffee makers. If you have a Keurig at home, pack a few of your favorite coffee or teas (even though they provide a few K-cups). My room had a fridge, microwave, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, and a thermostat that actually worked. The top floor had some remodeling going on (I was warned of this upon check in and my request to be on the top floor), but I heard no noise and was not bothered at all. The hotel lobby has a bar, restaurant, and "help-yourself" coffee, teas, and hot water. Parking was plentiful and the location to Route 460 and Virginia Tech is very close. The Blacksburg Transit ("B.T.") bus system has a stop a few yards away from the front door, so you really can just catch a bus and end up anywhere you need to go if you don't want to drive. The most impressive thing about this hotel is that they are honest. I left behind a pair of very expensive running shoes, and when I realized my mistake, this hotel had them bagged up and ready for me to pick up at my leisure. Overall, if I ever need another hotel in Blacksburg, I will stay at the Hilton again - I was very pleased.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
HGIbburg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent home renovation. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the amenities that we offered and that we were able to find and return your running shoes to you. It would be our pleasure to accommodate you again in the future should you have a need.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Rooms were spacious and clean, and even had Keurig coffee makers in the room! The front desk staff was awesome and truly went out of their way to ensure everything during my stay was perfect. I will definitely stay here again when visiting the Virginia Tech campus. Can't say enough about this place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our front desk associates helpful. I'm also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Keurig. We have received alot of positive feedback on this amenity. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to accommodating you again in the future.
blacksburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great staff, very friendly, great location, and very nice hotel for the value. Tremendous room service....Some of the best I've experienced. Highly recommended hotel. Would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIbburg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be sure to share your kind words with our staff. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that we will see you again the next time you are in the area.
Burtonsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was my second visit and would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone there for business or recreation. The staff is very polite and professional and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Most of all, they have a microwave and a refrigerator unlike most hotels which require one to pay extra for the microwave. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would do it again!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again at the Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of the amenities that we offer. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Blacksburg.
Charlottesville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Comfortable beds, fridges, coffee/tea in room. Esp. nice fitness center. Full breakfast available. Very convenient for a visit to VTech. Reasonably priced. I guess they couldn't do anything about the cold Blacksburg winter.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Nazareth, Pa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel is remote being 10 miles off of the interstate, but is very clean and offers a lot of amenities. The room was very clean and the pool was very nice. We stayed during a non Virginia Tech football weekend so the hotel was fairly empty, although I'm sure the hotel will be packed during a football weekend. The breakfast was tasty and well prepared but is not included in the room rate like many other Hilton hotels. If you are in the area, this is a very nice hotel to choose for a family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Williamsburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The hotel is nice and the staff are excellent and very helpful. Internet was down and we were never able to use the WiFi even after we were told it was working again. The beds were hard and the pillows were flat which made for an uncomfortable 2 nights. Would return with the hope that the bedding will be improved.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg? Share your experiences!