“Better than a year ago!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, French, Continental
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
VA
“Better than a year ago!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I really like the remodeling they did - there seems to be more seating and it is a much more appealing atmosphere. There are many choices for lunch, which I like, but I do not like it that they have to warm their quiche in a microwave - the wonderful crust ends up soggy and tasteless - but I'm not sure how you do it otherwise. The choices are amazing in the dessert/pastry cases, but I wish there was a way to know how long things have been in the case. Sometimes I get things that seem less fresh tasting than I think they should be - I have not seen any policy posted with a 'commitment to freshness' or how long things are displayed for sale before they are discounted, etc. Overall, the place seems busy all the time and they have a loyal following for sure. It is off the beaten path from downtown, so it is not frequented by younger students, it seems.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia
“Great place for dinner now.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Our daily bread not only has good brunches and lunches, but they have awesome dinners now. Their food is lovely French cuisine and their menu options are creative and delicious (though a bit on the expensive side). Service is good and the atmosphere is lively. Try brunch on the weekends. They usually have live music and their Eggs Benedict is wonderful!

Visited August 2013
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Amazing artisans!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We ordered our wedding cake from Our Daily Bread, and it was divine! We chose a different flavor for each layer, and even had our own custom design pattern on the exterior of the cake. Very much worth the price!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Floyd, Virginia
“Outstanding PIE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My daughter recently ordered a key lime pie from ODB for my birthday. I have to say that it was the best I have ever eaten. The filling was tart as it should be and the sweet, buttery graham cracker crust was a great compliment. The pie was topped with a beautiful meringue that was not only decorative but browned to perfection. I would recommend this bakery for all your future PIE needs.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saluda
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I can never go home without taking 3 loaves of their Cinnamon Apple bread to family. Food is excellent to and reasonable.

Visited November 2013