“Nice Place to Brunch on South Main” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 105 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Virginia
“Nice Place to Brunch on South Main”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have been to many brunch places around Blacksburg and decided to stop by here one morning. I was pleased by the selection of breakfast and lunch options and loved the decor of the inside of the restaurant. I'm not a huge fan of the prepackaged sandwiches and a lot of the ones on display were already made. I ended up getting eggs and bacon which came out quickly and was very yummy. Will probably be back here soon! I recommend sitting inside instead of outside because it is a bit busy and noisy outside.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Blacksburg, Virginia
“You'll Want to try EVERYTHING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The moment you walk into this shop, your eyes will be drawn to decadent looking pastries, cookies, and fancy desserts. I've always enjoyed the scones, loaded with fruit and perfect the next day if you take some home. Absolutely must try the meringues! If you want savory, the lunch time fare is a cut above most sandwich shops--best chicken salad around and fresh pasta-veggie salads. My favorite time to enjoy ODB is to come back in the evening to have their full meals. We've found the meals well-presented and fresh tasting. In warmer temps, we sit in their sidewalk café area. I've watched this café grow from a small pastry shop to a full restaurant, now owned by a French chef. It's one of my favorite stops in this lively college town.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Don't let the outside fool you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

It's in a small strip mall and you might not stop in if you weren't looking for it. We went because a friend had heard great things about it. Huge bakery selection for eating in or to go; and then cafeteria-style lunch service. The food is incredible. Authentic French. A had a fresh fish special; my husband had quiche. Both were very, very good. They told us they have a much more formal dinner service. The next time we're in that area, we'll be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, VA
“Above Average is Really Good in Blacksburg”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

While not a true French bakery, ODB has a lot going for it. The counter service for breakfast and lunch were pretty good. All sandwiches and hot items at the counter are available to go or for sit down. ODB has a dedicated local clientele. This is really a 3.5. The hot food was pretty good, but the bakery dragged down the rating.

Most quiche in this country is too dense with a strong baked egg texture. ODB's quiche was very good with texture approaching the light, custardy texture of an excellent quiche. Coffee was good and medium strength. Ironically, the bakery was somewhat disappointing after the hot food raised my expectations. Pastries, pies and other sweets were over sweetened to a first grader's palate.

Visited August 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went there for breakfast while in Blacksburg for a wedding and thought, in comparison to where we live, breakfast was a great price. I'm pretty picky about my bagels, and I thought theirs were pretty dry and hard, but the eggs, tomato, cheese, and bacon on the sandwich were good, and we thought $5.50 was cheap for all of that. Cute decor with chandeliers made of wine glasses and bottles. Strip mall location includes a bakery, but we didn't look at it.

• Visited August 2013