“Yum!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout
Fredericksburg, VA
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Had breakfast while in Blacksburg on business. Had the brioche French toast and it was absolutely wonderful - it literally melted in my mouth. I'd go back any time!

• Visited May 2013

Roanoke, Virginia
“Excellent pepper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Great selection of food here, including fab desserts. Get a cup of soup and a baguette sandwich, the take a pastry home with you later. Good pepper shakers: grind your own.

• Visited May 2013
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Fantastic Bread and Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Our Daily Bread is a locals' favorite.

Great breads -- fantastic variety.

They also serve fresh, high quality sandwiches, salads, soups, etc...

The decor/ambiance are sort of blah, but the food is excellent.

Definitely recommend.

Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Surprise in Blacksburg!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great surprise!
Our family of 6 landed in Blacksburg for an interview, and passed by Our daily Bread. Looked good, we went in and had a great breakfast. We're from Montreal where places like these are plenty, but in the US, out of the big cities, it's hard to find real good pastry and decent bread and good French Bistro type snacks.
We had French macaroons--excellent
We had crepes -- excellent
We had a croque monsieur -- excellent
We had a quiche -- my wife loved it; I don't like nutmeg
We had croissants -- very good. Not Paris nor Montreal, but definitely better than most I've had
We had a raspberry /chocolate mousse cake -- excellent with excellent quality chocolate

Price? $60 for 2 + 2 adults and 2 kids; including tip tax coffee orange juice milk--quite reasonable

Highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2013
Blacksburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh Bread and Other Homemade Goodies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have shopped Our Daily Bread in the past and even had a meal there. I found that the restaurant to be a bit pricey. However, I found the breads, cookies, pies, cakes, to be priced just right. It is one of the few places that are left to find homemade baked goodies. I had the pleasant experience several years ago of having Our Daily Bread BAKE me some excellent bread for my use in THE EUCHARIST. I had the recipe from a Trappist Monk from my time, while attending The Candler School of Theology at Emory University in Atlanta Ga. The folks at ODB were very gracious and the finished product was just perfect!! They followed the recipe to the letter and when I used it later that day it tasted wonderful. The folks that were apart of the worship service said they had not tasted The Eucharist like that before, ODB really came through for me. SO with all that said, I highly encourage folks to just stop by and give it a try!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars

Been to Our Daily Bread? Share your experiences!