“Terrible Breakfast” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Blacksburg

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Blacksburg to your Saves list
Days Inn Blacksburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3503 Holiday Lane, Blacksburg, VA 24060 (Formerly Ramada Limited)   |
Ranked #9 of 9 hotels in Blacksburg

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I'd be a millionaire. This hotel is the one that I can leave a positive review about in good conscience. After showing up in the middle of the night I was greeted by a nice young man named Michael. I was absolutely beat after about 15 hours of driving.I was really hoping that the hotel would be nice, and this one was up to par. Michael was very helpful in setting me up with a room that fit my needs. I've been to plenty of hotels where the staff is rude, the conditions are deplorable and unclean. I walked into this hotel though and it smelled nice, looked clean and obviously the staff at the time were helpful and nice. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a quick place to stay over night, it would be a decent place to stay for the week if you needed to as well. I will definitely be staying here again the next time I end up near Blacksburg.

Thanks again to Michael!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Blacksburg Days Inn. We want all our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. It is always a pleasure to hear when we have met that goal. We enjoyed hearing that Michael hit the mark in providing excellent service and have shared your comments with him.
We truly appreciate your recommendation to other travelers and we are thrilled to hear you plan to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Blacksburg area. We look forward to providing you with the same pleasant accommodations!
Blacksburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed Friday night for visit at Tech. Lots of other guests, but room was quiet.Checked in after 11:00 pm. Had our dog with us and front desk changed our room to 1st floor next to grassy area to make it easier to let him out. Very friendly staff. New bathroom fixtures and carpet. Bathroom ceiling need painted, but for the price,good value and location. Would stay again.Did not try breakfast or other facilities.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write about your experience. We truly appreciate the kind words about our friendly staff members, upgraded guest rooms, and convenient location, just minutes to Virginia Tech.
We are glad we have won your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to our area.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I came to Blacksburg on February 21st so that my son could interview for a Virginia Tech scholarship. Because of a late start, we were unsure if we would stop on the way or travel the entire distance to Blacksburg. At midnight we figured we would just press on to Blacksburg, so I had my daughter call a local hotel to make a reservation. The reservation was completed at 12:19 and we arrived at the hotel approximately two hours later. Upon arrival after a long trip, we were informed in an unapologetic tone that we were a "no show" and that no rooms were available. This was extremely frustrating and we worried that accommodations may not be available.

We traveled to your hotel (whining and complaining the entire way!) and were kindly greeted by Michael McGee. You are so fortunate to have such a gracious employee. I do not think any person would have wanted to be on the receiving side of our tired and frustrated attitudes. Michael apologized that we had the experience that we did (though no fault of his or your company). He quickly offered us our room at a rate a few dollars less than the advertised price because when he pulled up our information we were repeat customers. He spoke wonderfully of Virginia Tech (GO HOKIES!) and Blacksburg. In addition, he wished my son well with his upcoming interview. I know that people tend to only give us the complaint side of business, but I wanted to thank Michael for his pleasant and much needed kindness and
consideration. At pretty close to 3 am after an exhausting evening I found myself smiling and thankful to have been helped by such a fine young man.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experiences as a guest at the Blacksburg Days Inn. We are so pleased to read that you received such a warm and hospitable welcome from Michael. Our goal is to welcome each guest as if they are a guest in our own home and your compliments are the seal of approval on our efforts. Michael joins me in thanking you for your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Blacksburg!

Been to Days Inn Blacksburg? Share your experiences!