“PA happy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Blacksburg

You added Days Inn Blacksburg to your Saves list
Days Inn Blacksburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3503 Holiday Lane, Blacksburg, VA 24060 (Formerly Ramada Limited)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Blacksburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I came to Blacksburg on February 21st so that my son could interview for a Virginia Tech scholarship. Because of a late start, we were unsure if we would stop on the way or travel the entire distance to Blacksburg. At midnight we figured we would just press on to Blacksburg, so I had my daughter call a local hotel to make a reservation. The reservation was completed at 12:19 and we arrived at the hotel approximately two hours later. Upon arrival after a long trip, we were informed in an unapologetic tone that we were a "no show" and that no rooms were available. This was extremely frustrating and we worried that accommodations may not be available.

We traveled to your hotel (whining and complaining the entire way!) and were kindly greeted by Michael McGee. You are so fortunate to have such a gracious employee. I do not think any person would have wanted to be on the receiving side of our tired and frustrated attitudes. Michael apologized that we had the experience that we did (though no fault of his or your company). He quickly offered us our room at a rate a few dollars less than the advertised price because when he pulled up our information we were repeat customers. He spoke wonderfully of Virginia Tech (GO HOKIES!) and Blacksburg. In addition, he wished my son well with his upcoming interview. I know that people tend to only give us the complaint side of business, but I wanted to thank Michael for his pleasant and much needed kindness and
consideration. At pretty close to 3 am after an exhausting evening I found myself smiling and thankful to have been helped by such a fine young man.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experiences as a guest at the Blacksburg Days Inn. We are so pleased to read that you received such a warm and hospitable welcome from Michael. Our goal is to welcome each guest as if they are a guest in our own home and your compliments are the seal of approval on our efforts. Michael joins me in thanking you for your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Blacksburg!
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Due to a last minute booking error I was placed here for business. It wasn't a bad hotel, but it wasn't great either. Acceptable would be about spot on. There was a terrible draft coming from outside because the door had a sizable gap at the bottom. So I had the heat on all night which woke me up every time it turned on. The room wasn't dirty, but it looked old and like it needed a professional cleaning. The best thing I can say was the staff was very nice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
It’s never easy to hear that we are just “acceptable" as our goal is to consistently not only meet, but to exceed guest expectations. We have asked our Maintenance team to recheck to weatherstripping on our doors. This cold winter has been challenging and we certainly want our guests to be warm in their rooms!
Thank you again for caring enough to share your feedback with us. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blacksburg
The Blacksburg Comfort Inn Hotel
Main Street Inn
#5 of 8 in Blacksburg
4.5 of 5 stars 156 reviews
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg

Been to Days Inn Blacksburg? Share your experiences!