“Never going back!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Blacksburg

You added Days Inn Blacksburg to your Saves list
Days Inn Blacksburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3503 Holiday Lane, Blacksburg, VA 24060 (Formerly Ramada Limited)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Blacksburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Never going back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband is an alumni of Tech and we decided a few months ago to attend this past weekend's game (10/5). Unfortunately, all the nicer places were taken, so this is what we were left with. I was very apprehensive considering the reviews, especially since our children were traveling with us. I am happy to report that we did not encounter any bedbugs during our visit, but the carpeting was beyond filthy and stained.I don't think I actually saw any areas that were not visibily discolored. We were forced to wear our shoes in the room at all times. The bathroom floors looked like they had recently been retiled, but the shower curtain had mold growing on the back of it (yuck). We asked for extra towels (there were two towels provided for 4 total guests) and when they arrived they reeked of smoke. The breakfast is a cardiologist's nightmare...nothing healthy offered, not even a piece of fruit.

This is never the level of hotel we would stay at and I would have been fine for it to have been old, but a visably dirty room is just beyond unacceptable for $129/night in a rural area.

Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We would like to apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We have high standards for the cleanliness and maintenance of our rooms. Unfortunately, we seem to have really missed the mark with your stay with us. We have shared your feedback with our housekeeping staff. Our staff and management take all guest feedback very seriously and we will be reviewing our room inspection procedures to ensure that future guests to not encounter these type of concerns. We strive to ensure that our complimentary breakfast consistently meets both franchise standards and internal hotel standards in its offerings, at all times, for all guests. Most of our guests are pleased with the breakfast as noted in other reviews - we do apologize that the offerings during your stay failed to meet the standards we strive for. Thank you again for your honest feedback - it enables us to improve the experience for future guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I am an alumni of Virginia Tech and spent 4 years in Blacksburg, VA. The Days Inn has always been there and everyone knows where it is at. 2 weekends ago I went back to Blacksburg for a Virginia Tech home game and had a great experience. We were treated so well at the hotel and were even upgraded to the suite! The suite was absolutely amazing and huge and had a Sauna in it! The staff was very friendly and handled any concerns or requests we had at any time during our stay. The hotel has be upgraded since the last time I was there a couple years ago and looks great! It has VT décor which is always a great thing to see. The General Manager and front desk staff were wonderful and gracious and did their best to make our stay the best! We have a couple more weekends planned to stay at the Days Inn this football season and I highly recommend this hotel for you experiences at Blacksburg/Virginia Tech :)

Amber

Room Tip: The suite is hands down the best room there! The others rooms are very spacious and very comfortabl...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful and extensive review of your experience at our Days Inn Blacksburg. It is especially gratifying to know that we have taken such good care of a VT alumni - we appreciate your multiple stays and returning now as a graduate to the VT home games. We really appreciated your kind words with regards to our staff - friendly, wonderful and gracious - how much better can that get? We are very proud of our staff and happy to hear that they took such good care of you! Thank you also for noticing the VT decor - we love supporting VT and are actually owned by VT alumni. We look forward to your returning for many years to come!
Ruckersville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Property was average for an establishment of this age but the room was just plain NASTY. I cant think of a time that I have stayed in another room that was this bad. I dont believe there was a spot on the carpet that wasnt stained. The table was falling apart and loose. The two side chairs were as stained as the carpets and GROSS. Dont ever have to worry about me staying in this hotel again even though the next four years will be back in forth to the area with my daughter in college

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Mid_AtlanticMichele, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We would like to apologize that your guest room did not meet your expectations (or our standards) for cleanliness. We have high standards for cleanliness and preventative maintenance of our guest rooms and the public areas of the hotel. Unfortunately, we seemed to have really missed the mark with your stay with us. Upon receiving your review, we met with our Executive Housekeeper and our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams to review your comments. Our staff and management take all guest feedback very seriously and we will be reviewing our room inspection procedures to ensure that future guests do not encounter these types of concerns.

Again, we truly appreciate your honest and detailed feedback. It is through this process that we are better able to serve our future guests. We sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again on one of your future trips to Blacksburg. We would love the opportunity to earn back your trust in our hotel as a lodging option in Blacksburg that provides a clean, well maintained room along with great Southern hospitality.
Dulles, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I reserved three rooms for my boss and two other employees. My boss sent me pictures of mold in the bathroom and white powder all over the carpet and luggage holder. She didn't complain to the management or request another room because she didn't want to leave her room due to the fact that there were several men outside her room being rowdy and drinking. I booked her a room in another hotel for the next night.

The next day she had several bed bug bites. They are disgusting.

I am going to contact the management and let them know about the bed bugs and about a refund.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband, grown daughters and I spent a weekend going back to my older daughter's Alma Mater and attending a VT game. We were offered tickets last minute, and the Days Inn was the only Blacksburg hotel still available. While I was encouraged by reviews from Virginia Tech parents, I was a little concerned because of the previous comments from others, but we were delightfully surprised! The rooms were clean and up to date and we had a wonderful time. It's not the Ritz, but it's not supposed to be.

Upon check out, I had a lovely time talking to Justin at the desk who was very friendly and personable and took the time to make sure we had a good stay. We will return here without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Blacksburg, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Guest feedback is invaluable to the continued success of our hotel and we appreciate your taking the time to post a review about your stay at the Days Inn Blacksburg. Thank you for complimenting our staff member Justin - he certainly does enjoy interacting with and taking care of our guests! Your comment that you would return for another stay without hesitation is the ultimate goal of our hotel. Thank you for your stay and we hope you do return again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blacksburg
The Blacksburg Comfort Inn Hotel
Main Street Inn
#5 of 8 in Blacksburg
4.5 of 5 stars 156 reviews
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg

Been to Days Inn Blacksburg? Share your experiences!