“one of the place where you can feel you are at home and around your friends” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Main Street Inn

You added Main Street Inn to your Saves list
Main Street Inn
205 S. Main St., Blacksburg, VA 24060   |
Offers & Announcements
WINTER WONDERLAND
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Blacksburg
Penang
“one of the place where you can feel you are at home and around your friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

We love small and family own business.The hotel is run by people which make sure your stay is very pleasant.It was an excellent experience and I would stay there every single time when we are around this area!
Thanks so much!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Great place to stay. Close to all the good things in downtown Blacksburg. Convenient for Virginia Tech too. Suite was very nice with lots of room and a real relaxing atmosphere. Definietly a place to stay in Blacksburg.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

What a great experience. This a beautiful property, right in downtown. Convenient to most anything campus related. Ample easy parking. Comfortable lobby. The desk clerk (and all the employees I encountered) was cordial, helpful and professional.

I was given a third floor room. The corridors look crisp and clean..in fact everything looks brand new and in great repair. Room was attractively decorated (sunflower walls!) and divided into a living room area (with wall mounted flat screen TV, sofas and wet bar) and the bedroom area (another flat screen). The are connected by a hallway of which you find the bathroom. Plenty spacious for one or two people. Might be cramped for a family.

Wifi was free and snappy. Plenty of crystal clear TV channels. Shower was hot and there was a laptop accommodating safe. Bedding was comfortable and the towels were better than average.

There is a Starbucks across the street, but there is one of those single serve pod coffee makers for guest use in the lobby, so you may not need the 'Bucks.

Have read here about "thin walls"...did not experience this on my visit.

A couple of tiny maintenance quibbles (sliding shower door kept "sliding" open, light out above bar area), but nothing to keep me from rating this as an outstanding place to stay. I rarely give "5's" in all categories...but here it is well earned.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
oldhokie, Owner at Main Street Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Thank you for your kind words about Main Street Inn. It's guests like you that make the hospitality industry a fun and rewarding business to be in. The entire staff looks forward to your return.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

Arrangements were made for me to stay at Main Street Inn through the VA Tech Department where I would be meeting with and speaking to students and faculty. My trip to Blacksburg was very special since I had not returned to the town since I graduated 35 years ago! It was as charming as ever!
The Inn location was ideal, ample parking although all destinations I needed were within walking distance. The lobby was very impressive with comfortable seating, newspapers, CNN on television (I was told I could change channel or volume as I wished). Coffee, teas and fruit available 24 hrs. The front desk staff was professional, pleasant, friendly and helpful at both pm and am shifts, and I followed through on a fabulous dinner meal at one of recommended restaurants.
My room was a suite although I was a solo traveler, plenty of room to relax. Great amenities in the room, plenty of towels, hot water. Very comfortable bedding, quiet setting which provided a restful sleep prior to my busy agenda the next morning. I will definitely recomment to others and look forward to a return visit to the Main Street Inn!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
oldhokie, Owner at Main Street Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
As owner of Main Street Inn, I would like to thank you for your warm remarks. The staff works very hard to ensure each guests experience is a good one. Your are correct, you can walk everywhere. Even to Lane Stadium and Cassell Colisuem. Thank you for choosing Main Street Inn as your home away from home.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

We recently stayed at the Main Street Inn during a Virginia Tech football weekend. Overall, we were very pleased, and I would have awarded them a 5 out of 5 if it weren't for the walls being a bit thin between rooms.

First the pros: The hotel is in a great location. If your stay is centered around the Virginia Tech (VT) campus, this is a great location. You are within walking distance to the campus, stadium, shops, restaurants and bars. They have parking right on site and you don't need to move your car 'til you're ready to leave.

The hotel furnishings are new and modern. The room layout is very nice with the bathroom between the bedroom and a small living area. The sofa in the living area folds out to a bed if needed. The room also is equipped with a microwave, coffee maker and a refrigerator.

The staff was very courteous and welcoming. However, during our stay we did not have any major problems or issues that would have required a service response. One of the best things I enjoyed is the single cup coffee maker in the lobby. They have an assortment of coffee, decaf or tea available 24/7. In addition, there were cookies on the check-in counter and some breakfast treats in the lobby in the morning.

The internet connection was one of the fastest that I have encountered at a hotel. This was especially surprising, since the hotel was totally booked. The bedroom and living rooms had flat screen tv's with ample channel selections.

The one negative experience at Main Street Inn was that the walls seemed a bit thin. I could hear my neighbors talking, and later snoring. Fortunately, they weren't up very late, but if you are especially sensitive you may want to mask noise with your tv or something. For the most part, the hotel was quieter than I expected, despite it being a game weekend and the sold out status.

I would stay here again. However, next time I will try one of the rooms that are in the front of the hotel. They seem to have a little more set back from the others. Normally, you don't want a street side room, but Blacksburg is pretty quiet at night. Go Hokies !!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
oldhokie, Owner at Main Street Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Main Street Inn just recently celebrated it's two year anniversary. We are very grateful for guests such as you. It is so welcoming to see our guests take the time required to spread such kind words about us and our property. Go Hokies!
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

I'd had a dreadful stay at a hotel in Christiansburg, so bad that I was walking away from the 2nd guaranteed night with nowhere to stay. I called all morning to various Blacksburg hotels in vain hopes of a vacancy. As I was about to book a room in Roanoke, I called Main Street Inn one last time and the delightful desk clerk said he'd just had a cancellation. To add insult to injury, my driver's side window (automatic) would not go up and rain was in the forecast. This delightful young man encouraged me to park my car in their covered, convenient garage and gave me a room 30 minutes before regular check in. The room was delightful - but what really stood out for me was the hospitality. Coffee-on-demand in the lobby, lovely comfortable seating. The next morning, I headed for a hardware store to get some plastic to put up at my open window for the rainy ride home. The desk clerk saw me in the garage duct tape in hand and offered to call some garages for me (Sunday morning - not much open in Blacksburg). He even let me keep my car there till I was leaving around 5P and when I came back to the car, I found a note from the desk clerk saying that if I needed any additional tape or plastic, just come to the front desk and sending his best wishes for a safe journey home.

I don't want to put the young man's name here without his permission, but you can bet I will be sharing his name with the proprieters of this EXCELLENT hotel - the only one in walking distance to Virginia Tech. The exceptional service made it a little easier to deal with the heartbreaking final round loss of UVA to UNC in the women's club volleyball tournament. Better luck next time, hoos! We'll be back!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
oldhokie, Owner at Main Street Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
After reading your great review, I was able to catch your radio show on-line. Several friends had called after listen to your show and shared your wonderful comments about Main Street Inn. Thank you for sharing your good experience with others.
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

I stayed at the Main Street Inn for four days on business in June. The staff, especially Ms. Allen, was not only professional, but also personable and very helpful on my first visit to Blacksburg. The room was comfortable--small quibbles with the sitting area being a little dark and sound-proofing of the floor above. My stay changed my mind about business travel--and I intend to bring my family down to stay at Main Street this fall.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Main Street Inn? Share your experiences!