We arrived for a wedding and was given a room across from a noisy elevator. Even more disappointing was that the room was literally ON a construction site. A dump truck was working so close to the window, I could reach out and touch it. When I called to complain, she told me they stop working at 3 every day. I called her at 7pm. They told us they didn't have another room, but when we said we'd like to leave, they suddenly not only found one, but gave us a small discount for the inconvenience. Once settled into our new room, it was fine. Like others have commented, the walls were thin, but my white noise app took care of that. The bed was comfortable and there's a small extra room with a couch that is a nice touch. The location of the hotel is convenient with the Virginia Tech campus within walking distance and they provide free parking at a garage across the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Historic Downtown Blacksburg, Main Street Inn is within walking distance to Virginia Tech and all sports facilities. Guests can enjoy dining, music, theater and shopping ... all a short stroll away. Amenities include free WiFi Internet, plasma TVs (2 per suite), refrigerator, microwave and coffee service. When visiting for business or pleasure, the main place to stay is Main Street Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Main Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Main Street Hotel Blacksburg
- Main Street Inn Blacksburg, Virginia