The staff is wonderful, could not be nicer. The facilities leave something to be desired. I wanted to love it here, the location is perfect. The rooms are hobbit sized, even my 10 year old thought it was claustrophobic. There is no dresser!? I have never stayed anyplace without a dresser and/or a desk but there is just no room. The sitting area is big enough for 2, there is no place to have a bite to eat.
The worst part was the air handling system. We were in room 202 which is next to the balcony. That would be the balcony where everyone goes to smoke. The stinky smoker air was sucked right into our room :-P The a/c unit is in the bedroom section of the room and in order to make the living room section comfortable you froze in the bedroom. With all of the options available we will not be returning.
Not even a continental breakfast was offered. Refreshments consisted of a keurig in the lobby with some store bought biscotti and a basket of apples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Historic Downtown Blacksburg, Main Street Inn is within walking distance to Virginia Tech and all sports facilities. Guests can enjoy dining, music, theater and shopping ... all a short stroll away. Amenities include free WiFi Internet, plasma TVs (2 per suite), refrigerator, microwave and coffee service. When visiting for business or pleasure, the main place to stay is Main Street Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Main Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Main Street Hotel Blacksburg
- Main Street Inn Blacksburg, Virginia