I love the Main Street Inn. As others have pointed out, it's centrally located, provides roomy accommodations, with a separate little living room with a pull-out couch. Clean, well-maintained, excellent cheerful service.
The only ding that I have: The Main Street Inn has failed to solve what I admit is a difficult technical problem that every hotelier faces: how to provide each room with individual heating and cooling, without sound. In the case of the Main Street Inn, the heating obediently maintains the temperature that you set it to, by cycling the system on and off. The problem is that the bed is right next to the heat-pump device, and so it made it hard to sleep.
But I still love it, and will go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Historic Downtown Blacksburg, Main Street Inn is within walking distance to Virginia Tech and all sports facilities. Guests can enjoy dining, music, theater and shopping ... all a short stroll away. Amenities include free WiFi Internet, plasma TVs (2 per suite), refrigerator, microwave and coffee service. When visiting for business or pleasure, the main place to stay is Main Street Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Main Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Main Street Hotel Blacksburg
- Main Street Inn Blacksburg, Virginia