We have stayed and many hotels in the Blacksburg area but this was our first time at the Main Street Inn. Because we failed to make a hotel reservation early for graduation, this was the only room available for the Thursday before the event. The hotel is very tastefully decorated and you can't find a much better location in downtown Blacksburg. Our reservations were in order and we checked in quickly. There is a small parking garage on the ground floor however we easily found parking. I believe we had a suite since there was a small living room. The room was nicely decorated and they left a Hokie glass filled with VT treats. The staff was very friendly, fast and helpful. Although we didn't use it, there is a beautiful lobby and relaxation area with TV, fireplace and newspapers. The biggest negative of this Inn are the beds. While ours was a king, it was VERY soft and we both slide toward the middle so it felt like you were climbing uphill all night. If you are a TV watcher, you will be amazed by the tiny 19" TV's. Never broke out the iPad to check for wifi, sorry. Because this was an "event weekend" our room rate was $260 plus taxes and such which sounds high but is in line with prices in B'burg for events. Under normal circumstances I would expect to pay in the $125-$150 range for such accomadations but we understand why they are higher so if cost is an issue for you, be prepared. I would like to say I would stay there again but that would only be in a pinch or if they replaced the beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Historic Downtown Blacksburg, Main Street Inn is within walking distance to Virginia Tech and all sports facilities. Guests can enjoy dining, music, theater and shopping ... all a short stroll away. Amenities include free WiFi Internet, plasma TVs (2 per suite), refrigerator, microwave and coffee service. When visiting for business or pleasure, the main place to stay is Main Street Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Main Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Main Street Hotel Blacksburg
- Main Street Inn Blacksburg, Virginia