“Changing Artwork” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Changing Artwork”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Great place to dine for Italian food and I love the artwork on the walls that changes every few weeks.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

82% Recommend
Eastern Shore, Maryland
“Italian Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Blacksburg is a college town... and it rocks on a Friday night before a Virginia Tech football game. We got there at 6 and got the last table. When we left at 7:30 there were about twenty folks waiting... sipping wine in their wine store.

Very nice selection of reasonably priced wines to choose from... and if you buy a bottle in their store, they'll serve it for a small corking fee. We went Chianti and Pinot Grigio by the glass. Nothing spectacular, but both were good value.

I went with the Halibut special... grilled/sauteed with a caper wine sauce. The fish was fluffy and done perfectly. And my wife went with the seafood fettuccine. Very nice. Both dishes came out steaming.

Our server, Drew, was attentive, but not intrusive. And sometimes attentiveness is lacking when a restaurant is chockers on a busy night.

If we were local or in town during the week... this would be a place that we'd go regularly on a Wed or Thurs night... to enjoy a relaxing dinner.

And... they don't take reservations.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ohio
“Great Italian value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This restaurant is in a building behind the building with frontage, so I missed it the first time driving by. Restaurant is low budget in the decor and looks department, which is ok with me because that was translated into food prices that were a tremendous value for what you get. The restaurant has a wine shop connected with it, so you go there to select your bottle which is at a normal "retail" price and then they charge a $2 corkage fee. The wine selection wasn't particularly broad, but certainly doing it that way allowed me to have a better bottle than I would normally have because they don't do the standard restaurant mark up. We had a white that was $10. My sister had the Caprese, which she praised as one of the best ever. I had the fettucini alfredo, which is a basic dish that is easy to mess up and it was wonderful - one of the best I've ever had. I will have occasion to be in Blacksburg again and I will definitely eat here again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manassas, Virginia
“Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Decent Italian food. The staff was warm, welcoming and efficient. The restaurant itself could use a facelift. Decent prices. Marginal wine selection.

Visited October 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Accommodates large group, great food and wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

During the busy Family Weekend at Virginia Tech, our large group of students, parents, and friends wanted to have a nice dinner out. After being flat out refused at Sal's, I called Zeppoli's to ask if they would take a reservation. Although not a large restaurant, Doris happily accommodated our group of 14. Our waiter was superb, getting all orders correct, and bringing each course at the appropriate time. He even happily took a group photo after our delicious meal. Whether it was seafood or pasta, everything was lovely. We also enjoyed shopping for some wine to accompany our dinner in their little wine room. We will go back to Zeppoli's not only for their delicious food, but for being so welcoming to our large group on a busy VT weekend !

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Zeppoli's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Zeppoli's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.