“Accommodates large group, great food and wine” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Accommodates large group, great food and wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

During the busy Family Weekend at Virginia Tech, our large group of students, parents, and friends wanted to have a nice dinner out. After being flat out refused at Sal's, I called Zeppoli's to ask if they would take a reservation. Although not a large restaurant, Doris happily accommodated our group of 14. Our waiter was superb, getting all orders correct, and bringing each course at the appropriate time. He even happily took a group photo after our delicious meal. Whether it was seafood or pasta, everything was lovely. We also enjoyed shopping for some wine to accompany our dinner in their little wine room. We will go back to Zeppoli's not only for their delicious food, but for being so welcoming to our large group on a busy VT weekend !

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
“One of my Favorite Resturants in Blacksburg!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We have eaten at Zeppoli's several times! The homemade pasta is by far one of the best I have every had! Atmosphere is nice with a friendly staff.
Last week I requested two quarts of two different soups to take to my Mother in law! She just lost her husband and Zeppoli's soups were such a comfort not to mention delicious!!
Portions are great and the bread is fabulous!
Sign up for the Royalty Rewards and receive birthday discounts etc!
Headed to Blacksburg for VT football this weekend. Planning on dinner Friday night and using my $10 off coupon!
They do not take reservations and you purchase wine from a nice selection at the restaurant! While you wait have your wine opened and sit and enjoy! The wait has never been more that 15 minutes. On a game weekend my advise is get there early and be prepared to wait a short time!!

o

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Solid Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

If you're looking for exceptional, traditional Italian, this isn't the place to go. Of course, if that's what you're looking for, you probably shouldn't be hanging around in Blacksburg.

The food is good quality. The portions are generous. The prices are very reasonable. If you want Italian in Blacksburg, this is the place to go (though I haven't tried Sal's yet).

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Poquoson, Virginia
“Scrumptious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Have eaten there three times in the last 6 months when visiting at Tech, each time I try the special and it is delicious. I especially love the way they do bruschetta, toasted bread rounds with three small pots: pesto, olive tapenade or roasted red pepper, and the tomato spread, you pick and choose, absolutely fabulous. My scallops with cream sauce and angel hair were to die for, can't miss with this restaurant plus a great wine selection.

• Visited April 2013
Burke, Virginia
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband chose this restaurant while we were vacationing in the area. The restaurant has a large wine section/store in the front. The tables are covered with vinyl tablecloths. At first I was not really impressed. We each had a salad, split Baked Ravioli with Meat Sauce and split a Canolli. It was delicious and filling! If we lived in the area we would definately visit often.

• Visited July 2013