“Clay Corner Inn -- a must stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
$10 off room rate
Ranked #1 of 4 Blacksburg B&B and Inns
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Clay Corner Inn -- a must stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is your must-stay location while visiting Blacksburg, VA and/or VATech. Nicki is most gracious. The inn is immaculate; the rooms inviting. The inn is just a block or two from the university and "downtown," yet in a very quiet neighborhood. You won't want to leave!

Room Tip: Tell Nicki your needs; she'll guide you to the best room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ClayCornerInn, Owner at Clay Corner Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Ohhh I like the title "a must stay!" too kind and we really appreciate that you feel this way about our Inn :-) We strive every day to create the perfect atmosphere for guests from all walks of life so to read what you wrote makes it all worth it. Thank you Ken :-)

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We really enjoyed this Bed and Breakfast. The rooms were comfortable and the grounds were lovely. We wish it hadn't been raining. We would have like to swim in the pool Thanks so much for such a pleasent stay!

Dear Elizabeth,

Yes unfortunately it did rain so you didn't get to see our lovely gardens on a beautiful sunny day and sit round the pool to relax. Next time maybe :-) Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write these kind words. Nicky
Southern Shores, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Clay Corner Inn for one night on a road trip through western Virginia and into western N.C. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided last minute to book here online....I received a response almost immediately and when we arrived about 30 minutes later, the owner was waiting for us and our room was ready. We were given a suite which was lovely.....and the bed was THE MOST comfortable ever! Breakfast was delicious and we were fortunate to be able to speak with another guest (originally from Brazil) who was a delight. All in all, a terrific place to stay....for a night or an extended stay. Oh...I forgot to mention the unbelievably CLEAN swimming pool.....it sparkled!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Very Funny!! I told you not to mention how amazing Rick's pool looks, I have to live with him!!!! Since he's seen your review it's all about him :-) You have created a monster :-) On a serious note, thank you for your lovely words. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, we thoroughly enjoyed having you here with us. Whenever you are in the area we'll always make room for you in our home :-)
Newport News, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

What else can you ask for?!
It was my first night away from my 2-year-old daughter, and staying at such a warm place made this experience much better.
The owners are very interesting people, and you should chat with them if you have some time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ola Como Vai? It was so nice to have you in our home and hear all about your work & family. I look forward to seeing you to celebrate your wedding anniversary beginning of next year if plans work out :-) Nicky
Allons, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

A rating of 5 does not do Clay Corner Inn justice, there needs to be a higher score available. From the moment you arrive and are greeted by Nicky or Rick, you are made to feel at home. Well almost at home, as the breakfast is far better than what is served at my house. The rooms are each done in a special theme. I loved my room upstairs in the original house, felt like I was back at Grandma's. The staff were all extremely friendly. And the cleanliness superb. I feel like there was old world charm, with a lot of modern conveniences. A pool, zen garden for silent reflection and business center are unique to most B & B.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ClayCornerInn, Owner at Clay Corner Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Beth, my new dearest friend :-) What a very nice review, you are too kind! We all thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us so we are the ones to thank you! I'd never thought of us as "Old World Charm with a lot of Modern Conveniences" very interesting, I like it. I'm pleased you enjoyed the Blue Ridge room in the Old House, I luv it too with all it's historic corners to it. Can't wait to have you back with your husband on your next trip to this area, so I'm going to leave you by saying ... See you Soon!
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My daughter and I have stayed here 3 yrs in a row(2 yrs with present owner) for 4-5 nights in August.
Lots to do in area or within 40 miles - swimming, hiking; tubing; wineries; Caverns; etc.
Plenty of restaurants nearby that arent packed like during fooball season.
Present owners are very firiendly and helpful.
Excellent breakasts. Room is quite nice.

Hi Bill,

Another year and great to have you back! We thoroughly enjoyed talking to you over breakfast about what you did the previous day...... and gosh you seemed to have had so much fun! Now Remember, you have your Loyalty Program "stay 5 nights (non-consecutive) to earn 1 Free Night, to take... can't wait to have you back.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was taken to a very attractive room, I settled in, and then went out for the night. Returning at 11:15 I found that my keys did not open the main building (made sense, the porch light was out), nor did it open the door to the building of my assigned room. I tried the key on the remaining building, and was able to get in. I tried to access the building with my assigned room from an internal walkway without success. I returned to the building to which I had access, and found that my key worked in a vacant room in the same location (upstairs to the left) as my assigned room, so I settled into a comfortable night's sleep, although with out the amenities of my stuff. In the morning I showered and went for a hike (the Inn is close to a 6 mile path and a wooded area with 200 year old oak trees). At a "decent hour" I called Nicki on her cell and straightened things out. She was apologetic and polite (thanking me for not waking her up the night before), and ultimately discounted the room. When I return I will stay at the Inn, I liked the rooms, the innkeepers, and the breakfast served in the morning (although I only grabbed coffee, fruit, and a pastry). The layout assures complete privacy if desired, the grounds include a pool, and water and soda pop are provided along with a very basic kitchen in the common areas. The beds were comfortable, and the place was clean and neat. "Downtown" Blacksburg and Virginia Tech are both walkable. This is one of the nicer bed and breakfasts (or small inn) that I have stayed at.

Room Tip: There is a room available for pet owners, with reasonable rules of its use. The building behind the...
Dear Mr. Hutson,

Guest reviews are very important to us and for future potential guests, so we really appreciate you taking time to write such a detailed review.

It is to my dismay that I was unable to give you our signature “Clay Corner Inn” experience, as portrayed in other reviews, and I can only call myself out on that one and apologize to you for this!. This was the first time, in 2 yrs since my husband and I have owned the Inn that I have mistakenly given the wrong key to a guest and caused the guest such discomfort. Also, please during your next stay I encourage you to contact me at whatever time if you have any problems during your stay with us.

For this reason my husband and I would like to offer you and your wife (who couldn’t make it down here this time) a Free Night's Stay with us the next time you are in Blacksburg!

Been to Clay Corner Inn? Share your experiences!