“Beautiful location, average wines” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Beliveau Estate

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blacksburg
Beliveau Estate
You added Beliveau Estate to your Saves list
5415 Gallion Ridge Road, 3860 Rue Maison Beliveau, Blacksburg, VA 24060   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Blacksburg B&B and Inns
Virginia
“Beautiful location, average wines”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We are avid Virginia wine supporters and looked forward to visiting this new winery. The drive was enjoyable on a nice Spring day. When we arrived in the tasting room we were greeted by a nice young lady (student at VT - Go Hokies!). We both did the $5 tasting and sampled 7 wines (with an extra taste of 1 additional wine at the end). During the tasting our pourer asked after every wine, "How was that one?" I felt the need to ask a lot of questions about the wines and she knew all the answers to them so in the end I wished she had talked more about the wines, wine-making process, and some of the things that make Beliveau wines special/unique.

Everyone has their own taste preferences for wine. We enjoy almost all types of wines (semi-sweet, medium dry, dry, whites, reds, etc.). I found my palette overwhelmed with the strong flavors in most of their wines. The Niagara/Riesling blend of Discovery was by far the sweetest wine I've ever tasted and having it directly followed by some semi-dry reds was confusing. It was not the "fun summer sipper" you want out of that type of wine. There seemed to be some oily substance floating on top of the A Cappella (100% Landot Noir). I've never seen that before and having done some research since my visit found that it's caused by fermentation but should have been filtered out before bottling. It's a shame because I was excited to try this new grape (and again had to ask questions about this hybrid I've never heard of). The oily sheen floating atop my tasting sample gave me a queasy feeling. I actually left with a bit of an upset stomach which has never happened after the hundreds of wine tastings I've done.

Overall this wine tasting was just okay. We didn't even find something we liked enough to purchase. And we buy A LOT of Virginia wine. Lastly, we had to practically throw our money at the pourer as she was engrossed in helping everyone else except us to pay for tastings or snacks. So this is one to watch and I hope they can fine tune their wines to bring them up to a level we are used to tasting in the beautiful countryside of the great state of Virginia.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My girlfriend and I went for a weekend getaway and had a great time. Just 30 mins away from downtown Blacksburg but feels very secluded. Nice owners, great food, clean/comfortable rooms... and the wine tops it all off. We will be back!

Room Tip: The jacuzzi tub was great but not all the rooms have them.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

A Beautiful serene place to stay to recharge your batteries with great views. Good wine and great hosts that make you feel welcomed. It felt like home. The three course breakfast were excellent. The location is also only a short drive from town for shopping and dinners. We'll be back again!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

What a wonderful time we had, celebrating our anniversary. Everthing was perfect! The wine tasting was a pleasure, the Chocolat room so relaxing and comfortable, I didn't want to leave. We watched the sun set from the vineyard, as time seemed to slow down, and reconnected with each other. The fog on the mountain in the morning burned off in time to take some great pictures. At breakfast with the other two couples we shared fun conversation and great food made by our hostess, Joyce. Her husband, Ivan, the wine half of the marriage, loaded the case of reds and whites into our car for the trip home. A very romantic stay, one we very much recommend!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

While we were vacationing at Smith Mountain Lake, we went out for a day of "winery hopping". We started our day at Beliveau Estate. The drive to get there is along a country road with beautiful scenery, but so worth the trip. When we arrived, right after they opened, we had the tasting room to ourselves which gave us a great opportunity to really talk to our pourer, who is the Head Chef for the Estste. He was kind, funny, and really made this a great experience for us. Oh, and the wines were amazing! The reds were impeccable and the whites delicious.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here in early June, just before the lavendar was in full bloom. Slight disclaimer, I am in the hospitality industry and looking for good ideas for my own place...and I wasn't disappointed! From the start, I was given excellent directions - which was good, because it is a beautiful drive, enough so that I easily could have become distracted. Driving up to the inn was incredible, from the pond at the bottom of the lane to the pavillion perched on the hilltop above the inn - I could tell I'd want to explore it all - and I did - the vineyard, the pavillion in the middle of the lavendar garden, the tasting room, and the pool table all were much enjoyed. Breakast was delicious, the bed was comfy, and the hosts friendly and knowledgeable about the area. I want to go back and hide away with a good book in the winter in the snow.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Beliveau Estate is a beautiful place, managed by beautiful people, with excellent accommodations. The vineyard adds another dimension to the time there. It is so nice to start your day out with a great breakfast and wind down

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Beliveau Estate? Share your experiences!