“Very good for an out-of-towner” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
“Very good for an out-of-towner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stopped in after spending a few hours on the road. My companion was a vegetarian, so we thought this would be a good place to stop. The atmosphere is casual and pretty hipstery, and the waitstaff was very friendly. The menu was a bit limited, I was hoping for more comfort food, I guess? Nonetheless, my food was tasty and you can't beat the price. My only complaints were that they were out of biscuits (although the bread was delicious) and the potatoes that came with my breakfast were way too salty. Altogether, I would consider stopping in again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fairfax, Virginia
“Just Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This little place was wonderful! We don't usually eat vegetarian, but walked by this place during our self tour of Virginia Tech. Everything was great! The most delicious meals we had: the BBQ Shrimp Pizza, The Sonoma Veggie Melt Sandwich, The Greek Pasta Salad. The pretty good meal was the Bleu Salmon Burger. We sat outside on a beautiful day. The tables were either in the shade or had umbrellas. The waitress was friendly and attentive. One of the best meals on our college tour and very inexpensive!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“OK, but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Based on the high reviews, we tried Gillie's. My daughter and I had the catfish and grits, but found the dish bland. My wife did enjoy a sobu noodle dish very much. The service, music, and deserts were just OK. We were hoping for something a little better.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Great variety of options, good food, casual atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Visited based on a recommendation by a local and was pleased with the number of really good options on the menu that would make meat eaters happy even without meat. We each ordered something different - salmon, veggie napoleon, pasta - and all were very happy with flavor, portion size and presentation.

Live music started as we were finishing our meal and we stayed a bit to enjoy the bluegrass. Was a little warm for the outdoor seating, but wished we could have enjoyed that too (part of which can't be served alcohol).

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reston, Virginia
“Want to try again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Service felt out of equilibrium at lunch. A couple near me seemed to be ordering later but getting their food out faster. The Sonoma veggie melt was very good. I kept the olive relish on the side and was glad to be able to put only a small amount on my food as it was concentrated with olive flavor. The veggies were roasted nicely and the bread toasted, yet fresh. Since I didn't want much olive relish, I might have enjoyed some balsamic vinegar or a mustard. Service was a little off, so I didn't try to request these items. The food was still good, the extras may have just made them better. Chips and fresh guacamole were also good. My favorite was the taste I had of my daughter's "to-go" tofu Reuben. I was bringing it back to her, but had to taste a corner while it was fresh and hot. Yummy! I want to go back next time I'm in Blacksburg and order the Reuben for myself.

Wait staff will leave you the bill and you take it to the counter to pay after dining.

Visited May 2014