Frist, the Holiday Inn does have some bells and whistles. You can pay $10 for two to eat breakfast, but the servers are rude. The rooms are not luxury suites at all and the bathrooms are tiny. The TVs are 10-15 years old. Ours didn't even work the first night. They did replace it with another old TV but, of course, that was a hassle. I ordered a wake up call and didn't receive it.
Now, at the Hawthorn Suites (1-2 minutes down the road), you will get the same, if not better breakfast, but it is free. It may be second in presentation (decorations), but the food is better. And why pay for breakfast when it's free. The room was a suite for less money. It was modern and beautiful with a flat-screen TV. Everyone was friendly and helpful.
The Holiday Inn is definitely not the place to stay near VA Tech! It's location is great but drive a minute or two farther and you'll have luxury!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that Blacksburg has to offer at the 100% smoke-free, convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn University. You are at the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, shopping, dining, entertainment and the arts. You are within easy walking distance to Virginia Tech. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg Hotel Blacksburg
- Holiday Inn Blacksburg
- Blacksburg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg Virginia