Planned to stay in Roanoke, but there was absolutely no availability anywhere! Kept driving, decided to try Blacksburg and stopped at the Holiday Inn...oh, my, gosh, did we ever luck in! Yes, they had rooms, and it was a beautiful hotel. Only two-stories but very large, with many halls, gardens, a pool, tennis court, a restaurant and plenty of parking. Our room was, as asked for, in the back but facing inside to the gardens and clean as a whistle. Refrigerator, coffee set ups, the usual bathroom extras...ONLY complaint was that the tub didn't want to drain, sure to be an easy fix for the next guest. Had a rate that included the breakfast buffet - hot scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffle maker, oatmeal, cold cereal, fruit, yogurt...if you couldn't find something to eat, you had a problem! Good service with to-go-cups offered without asking. Great experience...See review of Bull and Bones restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that Blacksburg has to offer at the 100% smoke-free, convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn University. You are at the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, shopping, dining, entertainment and the arts. You are within easy walking distance to Virginia Tech. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg Hotel Blacksburg
- Holiday Inn Blacksburg
- Blacksburg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg Virginia