I've stayed at this Holiday Inn twice within this past year. The first time was in April and another more recently in mid September. I can't believe anyone would stay at the preferred "Virginia Tech Conference Center". It's kind of interesting now that I think about it. When you look at the VT Conference Center hotel it looks really snazzy and new on the outside but on the inside it's just normal, no upgrades and it looks TIRED. The inside of my Payne Hall dorm when I studied at VT looked nicer on the inside. I admit that when I first heard I had to stay at the Holiday Inn I was a little anxious because it looked old and tired on the outside but boy was I wrong. I was upgraded (the first time to a suite) and it was amazing. It was new and modern plenty of space for me and my belongings. It was such a great room I really felt bad judging this book by the cover. Ever since that stay in April we've been coming back for recruiting events that I am able to attend and we stay at this hotel and it works out perfectly. People are starting to find out about this place because when I was here in mid September - the place was packed. It's great to see that the hotel has been remodeled and makes its visitors and alumni (such as myself) feel welcome. The parking is plentiful and you may have to drive to your appropriate corridor but that's no big deal in my book. I have tried their food for a recruiting function and it was pretty good that time I went but I have not ordered any room service. There's a Starbucks in walking distance so I didn't bother.
Bottom Line: If you're going to BBurg stay here and don't bother going to the university sponsored place. Great experiences here and I recommend that you would stay here and give it a chance. You'll be pretty surprised. This will be my choice in hotels...unless Starwood decides to put a property on VT grounds..:o) But until then...
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg Hotel
- Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg Hotel Blacksburg
- Holiday Inn Blacksburg
- Blacksburg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg Virginia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that Blacksburg has to offer at the 100% smoke-free, convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn University. You are at the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, shopping, dining, entertainment and the arts. You are within easy walking distance to Virginia Tech. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.