I have now stayed here twice. First in July for my son's orientation and then again in August to move him in. I was hoping to stay again for parent's weekend next month but they are already have no occupancy (and I checked over a month ago!)
The location to Virginia Tech is great, right on Prices Fork Rd it is one traffic light from the entrance. The parking is free and plentiful. The hotel is 2 stories so no elevator, but that wasn't a problem for us. Both times we have stayed on the 2nd floor on the inside (facing the outdoor pool) and our rooms were perfect. The wifi is free and we had no trouble connecting.
We had a room with 2 double beds both time. The room came equipped with a chair & ottoman, work desk, fridge, microwave and large HD TV. The decor was updated and fresh. The beds & pillows were comfortable and the air conditioning worked fine. There are plenty of outlets for charging devices, included extra ones in the night stand itself. We had no complaints and this is my first choice of hotels when coming to VT. (Just wish we could be there again next month)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that Blacksburg has to offer at the 100% smoke-free, convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn University. You are at the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, shopping, dining, entertainment and the arts. You are within easy walking distance to Virginia Tech. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg Hotel Blacksburg
- Holiday Inn Blacksburg
- Blacksburg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg Virginia