Stayed here for 5 nights for a conference at the Skelton Conference Center. Rooms were decent and everything appeared to have been somewhat recently remodeled. There were enough outlets for all of my electronics, which is a plus. The AC unit was very loud, as are the doors. I was woken up at 6AM every morning by doors slamming in the corridor. On my last day there, I arrived back to my room at 5PM to find that it had not been cleaned. When I called the front desk, they explained to me that there had been an all-hands meeting at 3PM and all the rooms weren't done yet. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a clean room by 3PM, let alone 5PM and I found this very disappointing.
Overall, decent hotel. Staff was generally helpful and friendly. Would I stay here again? Possibly, but I'd probably try someplace else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that Blacksburg has to offer at the 100% smoke-free, convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn University. You are at the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, shopping, dining, entertainment and the arts. You are within easy walking distance to Virginia Tech. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg Hotel Blacksburg
- Holiday Inn Blacksburg
- Blacksburg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg Virginia